android
Old 06-20-2008, 04:47 PM

Default Bluetooth Headset - Samsung brand

I just bought my P2 ( ! ) along with the Bluetooth headset from Samsung - YA-BH270.

The headset is nice, but my problem is that when you use Bluetooth from the P2, the DNSe and EQ mdoes are unavailable. You can only play music in 'Normal' mode !
Normal sucks!

Who has a contact at Samsung?
Is there a 'request' area re: the Firmware?
I want DNSe with Bluetooth!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-20-2008, 07:06 PM

You can't theres no way to do that...

Old 06-20-2008, 07:43 PM

Why not?
What prevents an EQ from functioning when transmitting bluetooth?

Old 06-21-2008, 10:16 PM

I think it's because A2D2 doesn't support it . . . . that's the way it is until an upgraded bluetooth protocol comes out.

Hangin' around here on these forums I've learned that if you want great SQ you need to stay with wires. Bluetooth is great to gain freedom from wired headphones, sync with your mobile phone, etc., but you lose SQ in the bargain. It's a trade off. Some are using wired headphones for when they really want to listen to the music with great quality . . . or the way they like it . . . and using bluetooth headsets for when sound quality doesn't matter that much (like outside or working out, etc.) and they want the freedom bluetooth offers.

Last edited by busman; 06-21-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman View Post
I think it's because A2D2 doesn't support it . . . . that's the way it is until an upgraded bluetooth protocol comes out.
It has *absolutely nothing* to do with the A2DP profile. A2DP is a standard to stream stereo audio. Equalized audio, DNSe enhanced audio, FM audio, Flat EQ audio, or any other stereo audio. The processing before streaming is irrelavant. A2DP supports whatever 2 channel stereo you put *in front* of it.

The Sony NWZ-A829 streams EQ'd and enhanced audio over Bluetooth. Every sound option available over wired output is available under Bluetooth. Samsung's very own T9B (firmware v1.80) supports EQ'd, Street Mode, FM, and DSNe streaming via Bluetooth as well. Like the A829, every sound mode available with wired headphones is available under Bluetooth.

The P2 supports no EQ, Street Mode, FM, or DNSe via Bluetooth most likely due to firmware. The T10 does support the Master EQ over Bluetooth but not DSNe, FM, or Street Mode. Again, it seems to be a firmware limitation. The T9B started with some of these limitations. They were removed with a firmware upgrade.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:19 AM

That's what I figured - Bluetooth is just a transmit mode - you should be able to process the signal anyway you want prior to transmitting.

So how do we gang up on Samsung and get them to fix this?

Old 06-23-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
It has *absolutely nothing* to do with the A2DP profile. A2DP is a standard to stream stereo audio. Equalized audio, DNSe enhanced audio, FM audio, Flat EQ audio, or any other stereo audio. The processing before streaming is irrelavant. A2DP supports whatever 2 channel stereo you put *in front* of it.
I stand corrected. Thanks.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:27 PM

I actually asked this same question to Samsung, and they replied that the problem was with the Headsets - 'they don't have an EQ in them' they said!

How stupid!

So I guess my little earbuds have EQs inside, huh?....

We need to get Samsung to address this!

Old 06-24-2008, 04:33 PM

Is normal really that bad because i use it all the time >.< Sounds fine to me...

Old 06-24-2008, 10:53 PM

Well, I'll ask the consensus newbie question. Does this become a buyer-beware thing to avoid until things are corrected? In terms of advice, should I put off buying Bluetooth headphones?

Old 06-24-2008, 11:41 PM

Samsung needs to fix this in the next Bluewave firmware. This is a MAJOR sound quality feature that must be available regardless if you are using wire or wireless earphones. Sony can do it so why can Samsung if it's not a hardware limitation.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncomfort View Post
Well, I'll ask the consensus newbie question. Does this become a buyer-beware thing to avoid until things are corrected? In terms of advice, should I put off buying Bluetooth headphones?
Maybe one way to look at it is whether or not you can live with the standard EQ. If you can, and you want the freedom of wireless headphones, or the convenience of syncing the bluetooth headphones with your cell phone, than it could be worth it to you.

But if you can't live with the standard eq, you would want to stay with wires until this situation is addressed . . . if it ever is.

What I hear some people doing is a little of both. They get a bluetooth headset to use with their phone and the P2, recognizing the limitations. And they get wired headphones for more serious sound quality.

Like a lot of things, it depends on you, and how you like to listen to music, or how you want to use the player. Over in the Bluetooth and Mobile Phone section of the forum there is a thread called "Is Bluetooth a Reason to Buy" that lays all this out very well.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:39 AM

I picked up the bh270 a couple days ago, and I have to say, they're great. Decent fit for me, great volume level, and sound quality is very good. I've tried many different stereo BT headsets, several in this same format and them simply suck. These appear to be the best in this format, though if you want the best out of all of stere bt headsets and don't care about it being a dongle, something like the Sony EricssonHBH-DS205 that you can plug your own headset into is the best to get.