android
Old 08-12-2008, 12:00 PM

Default Adding playlists on e260 NOT using WMP11?

Hi. Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I searched the forums and found similar predicaments but not mine.

I have a Sansa e260, v1 (I just checked). I want to add playlists onto it but not use Rhapsody and REALLY hate WMP11. I use Winamp for everything else. But, in my desperation to get playlists on, I synced up my player to WMP. I had not had all of my songs on there for a specific reason (I didn't want them on!), but during the syncing process, WMP added them all. I use none of the unwanted songs in any playlists.

Is it possible to add M3U playlists from Winamp onto my e260 without using WMP?

Any help is so much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Do you have a V1 or V2? There is tools in the here for both.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:59 PM

I have V1. I went looking again and found the Sanse Playlister on the forums (it's also in that link you posted). The program looks awesome, but I'm in the process of looking for a way to get my Winamp playlists onto my Sansa without having to remake them using the Playlister. It's possible, but with 600 songs and 2 small children to watch, it's going to take very near forever to remake the playlists. Right now, they're in bed, so I'm resorting to writing down each playlist (there are about 5, ranging in 70-150 songs per list) and finding the songs on the player.

Looking on that page, I see something that would work for an e270, but it requires me to download and install a .NET program. I would like to avoid this, if at all possible.

I guess I'll have to continue writing down the songs and do it the long way.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Since you have a v1, you might want to try Rockbox because it uses the standard m3u or m3u8 playlist.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:30 PM

I went ahead and just remade the playlists, but I didn't make as many.

I synced my Sansa to WMP11 earlier, so now everytime I disconnect it from my computer, it must perform a system restart. Is this normal and is it possible to get it to stop? I know it doesn't take long, but it is somewhat annoying to have to restart it every... single... time... I disconnect.

However, I did have another problem. I posted it here, but looked and found this on another part of the forums (my God, I love this place ), so I just copied and pasted it for mine and others' future references.

Quote:
Issue: I deleted some songs, but they still appear in my player. Also, they say "Bad Track" when I try to play them.

Solution: Formatting will fix this, but usually isn't necessary. Instead of formatting, try the following first:

1. Connect the player in MSC/Rhapsody mode.
2. Error Check the player with both Error Checking options turned on. (Right click on the Sansa in My Computer, Properties/Tools/Error Checking)
3. Delete the Data folder located in the Sansa's System folder. You will need to "Show Hidden Files and Folders" to see it.
4. When you unplug the player, the database should refresh correctly.

Last edited by FriskierKitty; 08-13-2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Had problem; fixed; posted steps taken

Old 08-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you are getting mystery files, just do a Check Disk for errors on it.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:43 PM

http://hcware.**********/sansa/

Try this V1 should work
In these desperate times ...this i plead.
When all else fails remember me.

Tags
e260, playlist, playlists, winamp, wmp