android
Old 08-05-2008, 08:44 AM

Default Problem with Media Manager and Gracenote

I'm having terrible problems with Media Manager and Gracenote not identifying the CD. Using the same CD with SonicStage & Gracenote has no difficulty whatever in identifying the album and inserting the track names etc.
Any suggestions for a solution or workaround would be gratefully received. Unfortunately SonicStage doesn't recognise the Sony MP3 player or I'd just use that instead. I really don't want to go through the faff of ripping with SonicStage and then converting format to copy to MP3 player - unless I'm missing something simple here (entirely possible)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Try Media Monkey, should solve the ripping and syncing dilemma. Most of us use another prog besides the sony app.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:47 AM

Thanks for the very fast reply and advice. I've downloaded Media Monkey and started playing around with it.
I was hoping to be able to copy from CD to Walkman in a single process, but I don't see a way of doing that. I am currently ripping from CD to hard drive and then copying to the Walkman. Am I missing something or is that the only way to do it?

Old 08-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Only way I do it - give it a little time and another forum member might have the solution.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:54 PM

Since investigating the software further I'm certainly far more impressed with its operation. I didn't realise initially that I could be ripping one album to disk whilst sync'ing another to the Walkman. In fact, if you have more that one CD drive you can rip multiple discs at the same time. You can also click on the content of multiple albums on hard drive and sync them all in a single process. That ability obviously makes the whole process much quicker.
Apologies if I'm teaching my granny to suck eggs, but hopefully it will be helpful information for some people.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keitht View Post
Apologies if I'm teaching my granny to suck eggs, but hopefully it will be helpful information for some people.
This is news to me as I'm using J.River Media Center at the moment!!! Media Monkey is a great program but I could never get it to work for me personally. Thanks for the update + info - I'm sure SOMEONE will be able to benefit!!!