android
Old 01-07-2008, 12:38 PM

Default Rhasody user thinking about switching to Zune

The new Zune players are pretty slick so I'm thinking about switching over to the Zune marketplace. I love my Rhapsody playlists though and since I'm a Rhapsody to go member all of the music in my playlists is the subscription based DRM type. Can I transfer my playlists over to Zune so that I wouldn't have to start over?

Rhapsody has been okay but a bit buggy sometimes. I bought a Sandisk View to use with Rhapsody and quickly returned it. That thing was a mess. I continue to use my 280R which is ok but the sound isn't that great. Is the Zune software pretty much hassle free? And do the actual Zunes sound good?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-29-2008, 11:08 AM

Don't do it man. You'll lose all your music. The Zune doesn't support the PlaysForSure DMR scheme so it won't work.

I'm not against the Zune (the device anyways, but hate the software). It would just be too much of a hassle to redownload all the music (and pay for it again).

Old 08-05-2008, 10:52 PM

I just dropped Rhapsody and my Samsung P2 for ZUNE PASS. I wasn't concerned about keeping my playlists and rented songs. I have built a lossless library of ripped CDs from my collection. I use subscription music for temporary listening and often buy what I like and add it to my collection. If I want to keep something long term then I buy the CD, rip it lossless and then put a lossy version of my fav tracks on ZUNE.

A WMA lossless master library with on-the-fly conversion to lossy WMA for ZUNE supplemented wth ZUNE pass tracks is my plan. I currently have lossless FLAC with variable bit mp3 for broad device support. I keep my FLAC & mp3 library and then put parts of the Mp3's on varios devices. I can drop ZUNE and reload on iPod or Samsung if I want as long as I don't get attached to the rentals.

Building a master library using a rental program for a long term audio jukebox is risky because titles may get dropped from the service or you may drop the service and loose all your work. The lossless library of owned music can be leveraged long term and transcoded to other formats if needed. The tagging may need tweaking from one platform to next...ie with Meedio I use "pipes" for multiple genre tagging and put reviews in the comments tag....ZUNE uses on genre only and can't display comments tag (but they have AMG integration for ablum review on-line).

Old 08-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Rhapsody & Zune are NOT compatible - PERIOD!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Zune Moderator

Just get the Zune Pass and then download the songs you had.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Zune Pass songs can be used in your Samsung P2...or Zen...or Insignia or whatever PFS device you have around.

Even Windows Mobile devices are supported

Old 08-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Zune Moderator

really? is that true? Would they work on a sansa e200 then?

Old 08-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Banned

http://www.zunescene.mobi/forums/ind...?topic=39928.0