android
Old 08-03-2008, 09:51 PM

Default Largest file size supported

I am about to start using my Rockboxed e280 for Audiobooks. I've been using an iPod up to this point and converting everything to m4b files to get bookmarking.

Obviously, on Rockbox, I can bookmark MP3 files.

My question is, how big can I make the Mp3 files and still have them play without issue on the Sansa?

On the iPod, the m4b are not supposed to be any longer than 5 hours per file. I would prefer it, if I can could make one huge MP3 of the whole book and just bookmark it, but I don't know if Rockbox will support an MP3 file that big.

Also, what's the best file format for this sort of thing? I would tend to use MP3, since I purchase my audiobooks that way, but if ogg or aac might be better, I'd be willing to look at those.

Andy

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Rockbox Developer

Rockbox doesn't have any file length limits except for AAC/ALAC, which is a file size limit due to limitations in our current parser.

For MP3 files there should be no practical limit other than the maximum filesize that the filesystem itself supports. Basically "if you can put it on there, Rockbox can play it." If not, it's a bug.