android
Old 07-30-2008, 08:09 PM

Default driver cannot be installed

I bought my Sansa connect a little under 6 months ago, and up until now it was working fine. I am operating on a windows vista home premium.. and all of a sudden things have gone wrong. I get an error code telling me that the driver can not install.. so here's what I have done

I have called sansa several times, and they continue telling me to contact microsoft.. been there done that... they tell me it is a device problem. So I call sansa back and they told me to test it on another computer, and it worked (it was a windows vista home premium lap top). The driver works on the same computer make (its the same year, with the same software etc.), but not with the desktop.. I believe it is a syncing problem.. but no one is offering useful advice (and yes, I have uninstalled the driver, rebooted, and reinstalled the driver)..
Any suggestions???
Thank you SO much!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thread moved to Sansa Connect forum.

I don't know much about Sansa peculiarities regarding computer recognition; but off the top of my head, it sounds like a possible software conflict. Whether the Connect is a UMS/MSC or MTP device, it should work right out of the box with Vista, requiring no additional software or drivers. If you've installed any additional Sansa software, you may want to consider uninstalling it all and seeing if that works.

And with that, I'll hand this off to the Sansa mods, as they can help you best. Best of luck!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Windows Vista should read the Sansa Connect since it is MTP device. Sounds like something corrupted the MTP drivers. How old is the install of Windows Vista?

Old 07-31-2008, 10:20 AM

It is brand new

Old 07-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you have not tried your back USB port, can you try them. If that does not work, sounds like there is software that is or was on that computer that corrupted MTP drivers, but it is unknown what caused it.