android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2008, 12:10 PM

Default Error Code 102: System is Damaged!!!

I've had a problem that is not mentioned anywhere in the forums and I'm wondering if you guys know why my 605 does this.

Sometimes when I turn on my 605 (4gb) it will give me the "Archos Entertainment Your Way" screen then it will give me a white screen that says, "Recovery (code 102)" Then it says, "System is Damaged. Would you like to recover it?" Then it gives me the options "no", "repair", or "format disk." The very first time this happened I chose to repair it and it took a minute or so to just completely erase everything on the internal memory and my SD card!!! It even got rid of the nice backgrounds on there!!! So when this does happen now I don't say repair because if I chose "no" and click it a couple of times it will just load up normally!!!! It doesn't make any sense!!! Nothing is damaged unlike what it said!!!! All my music and videos and photos are on there and work fine!!! I haven't tried the "format disk" option because I'm afraid it will erase the firmware or something really important!!!

I feel like this happens when it does an auto shut-off but it may actually just be completely random.

Has this happened to anybody else or am I all alone here???
Am I not shutting down correctly even though I always just suspend the 605?

Oh and I haven't dropped it or got water on it so I don't know what is wrong!!!
Thanks!

Last edited by Poopelyse; 07-27-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: got exact quotes

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]