android
Old 06-27-2008, 12:07 PM

Unhappy Problem with .wma after 2.57 update to D2

After updating to 2.57, Jetshell said the files I backed up were still on the D2 player. But when I fired up the D2 off the computer, no folders, no files. OK, so I downloaded the backups. Jetshell showed the files on the D2. Fired up the D2 off the compter, no folders, no files.

Reran the 2.57 update. Same thing.

Used Windows explorer, to delete everything and reload everything a couple of times. Now showing files and folders. Music files play BUT.wma books won't play. It shows them in the folder, it pulls them up on the play screen, and then it just sits there and won't play.

I checked the file sizes, they match the originals sizes on my computer. Jetshell plays the files from both my computer and the player's file list. But no go on the D2 off the computer.

I tried deleting and reloading. I even reloaded them to the new Audible folder just in case it was using the folder to recognize the .wma files. No go.

Can anyone help me get these books to play?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-27-2008, 12:38 PM

Sounds like these WMA files are crippled by DRM... did you buy them from an online store?

Old 06-27-2008, 01:05 PM

Downloaded from library ebooks collection, used OverDrive software to transfer to device...as I have many times in the past. Licenses show as valid. Only thing different from last time as far as I can see
is the update.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:18 PM

Unhappy Me again....still struggling....

Just in case, I just updated the OverDrive (3.0.0.1), the Windows Media Player (9.0.0.3354), AND Windows Media Player DRM (2.4.01). I erased the files on the D2 and returned to the OverDrive Media Console to download AGAIN.

The media console recognized the player, downloaded the files, AND THE DARN THINGS STILL WON'T PLAY FROM THE D2. OverDrive plays them, Windows Media Player plays them. The D2 sees them but won't play them.

My last brainstorm (before I give up and leave on vacation without the books) is to try downloading to the memory card rather than the device memory.

That didn't work either. Sigh... I guess I'll check back here when I return from vacation to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:51 AM

Yikes, I plan on using the heck out of Overdrive with my D2. I hope this is not going to be an issue for me. I wonder if it will clear up for you when your time expires.?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:37 AM

Default Playing wma files

Have you tried changing the USB setting to MTP? Netlibrary files may not play with the MCS setting.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:57 AM

Default MTP for Overdrive Books Now

That is the fix for the Overdrive library books. You need to put the D2 into MTP mode and then all works fine.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:56 AM

mdlubin:

Thank you. I was having this problem. Overdrive does not offer any support on the Cowon nor do either of the Cowon websites. I was really worried my player would be a dead duck.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:59 PM

I use Overdrive books from library and had exactly same problem after upgrading to 2.57. This is what I did to resolve (same as what others have stated in this thread - just consolidating):

1. Erased SD card (all audiobooks were on SD card)
2. Upgraded Overdrive to latest version 3.0.0.1
3. Put D2 in MTP mode
4. Re-transferred al my audiobooks to D2

Everything is working fine now.

Tags
2.57, d2, wma