android
Old 07-18-2008, 09:44 PM

Unhappy Stolen e280

During P.E. Class at my school, I used my Sansa for our warm up laps around the track.

Afterward I went to the lockers and locked it away.

My class stayed outside that day as it was sunny out and a good day for baseball.

When I returned to the lockers, I found my Krazr phone smashed to pieces, and my beloved Sansa missing.

I asked around at the school and with my friends, and filed a stolen item report with the school.

Anyway, it has not been found, and it is now summer, so chances are enormously unlikely.

I always found the 8GB on the Sansa a little constricting, as I watched videos as well as listened to music, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest a replacement player, with a 16GB minimum amount of space, A nice interface, and good sound quality.

I would go straight for a View but I like the look of the Fuze better, sadly it is only 4gb.

I also haven't heard the best things about either of the players, either.

I've been looking and looking, and am starting to wish the Zen: Vision M were still in production.

So please, I am without music and am in desperate need of a fix, blasting my computer while I'm doing the dishes is often unachievable (Read: Neighbours) .

If there are any online listings please note I live in Canada, so outside of Amazon and the like there may be limitations.

Thanks in advance, ConuhF.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-18-2008, 09:47 PM

You can always try an 8gb Sansa Fuze with an 8 GB SDHC card.

Sorry about the loss.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:01 PM

That sux's, sorry for your loss. You might want to take a look at the d2, since you want 16 gb and like watching video. Plus you can add expand via sd slot.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-19-2008, 01:36 PM

Will do, thanks for the suggestions.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:06 PM

What's wierd is yesterday I was thinking about writing a tutorial on how to edit a rockbox theme so you can include your name or some other identifier in case some one steals it. I know rokbox themes can be easily changed around so I edited someones H3Mod to include my name. H3mods are a little harder to change for the casual thief and my identifier isn't so obvious as to tip them off in changing it.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:47 PM

Thing is, I had actually planned on something like that, so I had a recording that stated my name, address, etc, as well as a text file in rockbox.

All of it is useless unless you find the person who took it, really.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:10 PM

I don't have Rockbox, but for identification purposes I put a photo of myself on my players and also a .jpg converted from a Word document that says, "IF FOUND, PLEASE CALL (my phone number). I REALLY, REALLY WOULD LIKE THIS BACK!!!" At least this is better than carving your driver's license # into the back of the unit.

Is this going to help if the unit is stolen? Like you said, probably only if the thief is caught, or the unit is otherwise recovered, you can prove it's yours. And savvy thieves might look for this and delete it, but most thievery's like this are crimes of opportunity, so it might go un-noticed.

Who knows, you might get lucky.

Last edited by Tapeworm; 07-20-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConuhF View Post
When I returned to the lockers, I found my Krazr phone smashed to pieces, and my beloved Sansa missing.

I asked around at the school and with my friends, and filed a stolen item report with the school.

Thanks in advance, ConuhF.

Hey, do you have renters, or homeowners insurance, or maybe your parents have homeowners insurance, that might have a low enough deductible to buy you a NEW mp3 player and a cell phone? Think along those lines, and see if maybe you can get one that way.

Tags
mp3, player, replacement, sansa, stolen