android
Old 06-02-2008, 02:25 AM

Default Idiot in the Wind-need some simple directions

Alright,
I have had Chris' build, and the current Rockbox build.
Do I need to clean everything out, and start over?
I have basically a new set of music on my new computer. I ripped these files using EAC lossless. Then I downloaded WMP 10, am using XP Pro, etc.
Did the search for music files and they show up on WMP now. However...
when I try to drag them over for synch, it says 'may not fit', probably because of the lossless files, though there is almost 2 gigs of space on the main, and almost the full gig on the extra.
Anyway, I convert and sync about 20 cd's. They show up tagged as Unknown on both Sansa and Rockbox,
and don't have the full album, just one song.
Help, I am running out of time, as I leave this coming Saturday for bike touring along the upper Mississippi River Valley. I especially want that patch for extended battery life, as Rockbox circa 2007 definitely seems to suck more battery life out.
Thanks,
Lyndon
Salt Lake City

Last edited by LuckyLyndy; 06-02-2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Correction

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-02-2008, 04:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you checked the tags of the song with MP3Tag? Sounds like it is a tag issue with your songs.

For the battery life, I like the official Rockbox build.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:07 PM

Well, the album titles are listed under 'Unknown' in the 1 G MicroSD, but when I start playing them, they are all from the first album. Would that be a tag problem?
Does anybody use Exact Audio Copy lossless and then use WMP 10 to convert to mp3 or lossy and then to synch to their e200?
Lyndon

Old 06-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes that sounds like a tag issue there.
The best way to convert FLAC to MP3 is use ALL2LAME or LAME.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 AM

Alright, I'll try to flush out the bad files, and take a look at what you mentioned tomorrow night. Just kind of running out of time. Got to get my Bike Friday touring bike prepped and ready as well. Especially important now with the new air luggage rules. Just got to have the tunes for the 70 mile a day biking.
Lyndon

Old 06-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

By the way, Rockbox should play FLAC unless you want more music.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:41 AM

Yes, it is a compromise. I want the better music quality, but also want to cram more music on there. For safety's sake, I only have the right earbud inserted anyway, while biking so I can hear traffic from the rear. Thus compression in this situation is fine. I only miss the quality when I am listening in the tent. I wanted to add one or two anime episodes, but just didn't make the time to learn. Plus video eats up memory like Scarlett
Johansson at a Tom Wait's vinyl sale.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:06 PM

Default Still a mess with it all

I finally purged it all. Reformatted both the Sansa and the 1 G chip. Downloaded the basic Rockbox. But...
As I mentioned before, I ripped all my albums in EAC, Lossless FLAC. Then when I tried to add these files to my WMP 10, it lists them in Unknown, though when I click that, it lists the artists, titles, etc.
So that is what partially happens when I try to synch the albums to the Sansa.
I get unknown in the Rockbox files and also that they are untagged.
WTF??????
How can I get WMP to recognize these files? And put them in the other categories? Do I have to do ALL through that miserable Windows Media Player?
Help me guys, I am just about ready to take off for an extended bike trip west of Yellowstone.
Lyndon
Salt Lake City

Old 07-19-2008, 09:42 AM

Bump
Tried Mp3Tag which 'sees' all the artists and titles, but I sure can't re tag it, or do a batch thing.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Rockbox Developer

I think WMP doesn't support codecs like FLAC. You can force WMP to play them using a codec pack, but it'll never support them like it supports e.g. WMA (i.e. they won't show up in the database etc). Try using another program to sync, e.g. media monkey.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:00 AM

Thanks, K
But here is a follow up question.
Eventually, I want to set up a music server at home, using a Sqeezebox or a laptop as an interface between the hard drives and my stereo. Is Media Monkey the best software/format for this? I sure don't want to reload all that music again and again on my hard drive. I used Exact Audio Copy/FLAC because it appeared to be the program of choice of HiFi fans at most forums, i.e. AudioCircles, AA, Headphone, etc.
Lyndon

Old 07-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Rockbox Developer

I haven't exactly tried such a scenario. But the computer in my Home-Lan are able to access the music on my PC using MediaMonkey.