android
Old 07-16-2008, 04:42 PM

Default Quick questions about sansa clip

Hello. I just unboxed two sansa clips and am waiting for them to charge. In the meantime I hope someone can answer a few questions for me:

1. For both players, my PC detects it as a USB mass storage, but them the bubble will pop up saying some kind of error and no icons appear in my My Computer for me to drag stuff in. Is this because I haven't charged it long enough? That sound that windows makes when you plug and unplug a USB device also keeps on playing every now and then while I am charging it/them.

2. How long does it take to charge it all the way? 3 hours?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

1. You do not need to wait for it charge to put songs on to it. Does it do it on other computers? Are you using MTP or MSC mode? Are you using front or back or hubs to connected the Clip to?
2. Depends on your USB port's power.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

3-4 hours to charge.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 PM

This is kind of weird. I've tried it on an unplugged laptop as well as a standard desktop. The connected to PC animation shows up and it alternates between the connected to PC animation and the sandisk logo animation, although I don't know if this is normal. The little bubble will pop up saying usb mass storage, but then there will be an error. It doesn't show up in my computer. I don't know anything about MTP or MSC or how to change it. I can't find it in the settings of the player.

Another thing is, since I have two players, the one I left to charge on the PC still has half battery while the other player I plugged into a motorola charger is completely charged.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf0 View Post
This is kind of weird. I've tried it on an unplugged laptop as well as a standard desktop. The connected to PC animation shows up and it alternates between the connected to PC animation and the sandisk logo animation, although I don't know if this is normal. The little bubble will pop up saying usb mass storage, but then there will be an error. It doesn't show up in my computer. I don't know anything about MTP or MSC or how to change it. I can't find it in the settings of the player.

Another thing is, since I have two players, the one I left to charge on the PC still has half battery while the other player I plugged into a motorola charger is completely charged.
The one on the motorola charger is likely seeing more amps through the battery, which in turn charges it faster.
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 07-17-2008, 12:16 AM

I think I've fixed my problem. Since there is no MSC/MTP option in my player, I had to change it to MSC manually. It was something like:

1. Slide the hold button down.
2. Hold the center button, then plug it into the usb cable and it will be detected as a regular drag and drop drive.

Yeah I don't remember which post I read it from but thanks for whoever posted that tidbit before. Just reiterating in case anyone else has this problem and finds this post first.

Now off to installing new firmware.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The new firmware will have the Settings/USB option.