android
Old 07-03-2008, 11:13 AM

Default Questions about SNCviewer

I recently discovered this application after loading cpchan's custom build and was surprised that it actually had the lyrics to almost all of my songs (even the obscure ones) and I was wondering how it had these lyrics pre-loaded without me actually having to find them on the Internet.

Also I see it has the ability to display album art while showing the lyrics, this is something I would love to do but can't seem to figure out how. Does this involve editing the main program and adding tags or something?

Obviously I'm still noobish to Rockbox and am probably getting ahead of myself with customization but this really piqued my interest. Is there a guide of FAQ to SNCviewer that explains some advanced features available? Any information would be appreciated here. Thanks!

Edit: actually, a problem I've noticed is that most of the time it takes like a minute or even 2 sometimes to skip to the next song. I know this isn't normal because every once in a while it runs smoothly. I have dircache and load to RAM enabled. Any ideas?

Last edited by BrokenVisage; 07-05-2008 at 07:39 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-07-2008, 08:40 AM

OK quick update - I have discovered that my Sansa only takes a while to load lyrics for songs I have not synced up yet, that is to say any song I haven't played yet or have played and viewed lyrics on but did not "save changes" for.

Does this mean my Sansa is having trouble generating the text initially for these songs with unsaved, unsynced lyrics? What happens when I save them, are they stored locally to a file with any timestamps I made?

Just want to be sure before I start syncing lyrics for all my songs while having to deal with this annoying delay issue. Can someone just please confirm this happens to them as well? Thanks.

Edit: Should I be applying patches for this from the patch tracker site?

Last edited by BrokenVisage; 07-07-2008 at 11:57 AM.