android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2

Old 07-02-2008, 03:54 PM

Default problem with headphone jacks and P2 breaking into two!

hey everyone i was just wondering if my p2 is broken. the P2 itself works great and would recomend it to anyone. ok so the problem i have it i think my headphone jack is broken, like where your headphones go in. when im not moving the sound is perfect but when i move or the headphone move a little the sound fades out or goes completly out! i take me headphones out while not using them bc i didn't want this to happen, but it did anyways. is there anyway to fix this? or just go but another one? o one other thing my P2 is splitting apart like where the play/pause button and the volume buttons are. if u look at the P2 it looks like its two separate parts. it happens the worse by my mic area/charge/and headphone jack area. could my two problems be related?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-02-2008, 04:35 PM

Default hey

well first of all da headfone jack - it migt juz b da head fones wich has a short so try a different piar of headfones.
now about the p2 splittin in 2 - the same thing hapened 2 mine!.it fell( a hard fall i might add n on da screen!) i waz so worried......then i realzie it waz opennin up were da buttons were located, but i juz squeeze it back 2gether n everyting iz iight from there

Old 07-02-2008, 04:58 PM

yea i have tried all my headphones and the same thing happens with all of them. would samsung allow this to be under warrenty? i bought the P2 at BB so would i have to go through them or can i go strait to Samsung?

Old 07-02-2008, 07:06 PM

I have the same problem with my P2 and I'm currently in the process of returning it to Samsung. Make sure you change your region code back to the original because it might void your warranty. if you already somehow voided your warranty then there is a temporary fix on this link http://www.yjzone.net/showthread.php?t=3113 . It's a temporary fix and i wouldnt recommend it but if you have no other choice then it might be an option. And you can find more info on this thread http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...=audio+trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by acs123 View Post
yea i have tried all my headphones and the same thing happens with all of them. would samsung allow this to be under warrenty? i bought the P2 at BB so would i have to go through them or can i go strait to Samsung?
Yes it is covered under Samsung's Warranty and you would have to contact Samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG (for me in Canada)

Old 07-05-2008, 07:14 AM

ok i will try that thank you so much