android
Old 06-23-2008, 09:15 PM

Default what a piece of crap

plug this junk into either its own cable or the one that works fine with my camera and bong bong bong. "writing". connecting, diconnecting" over and over

at least newegg is cool a bout it

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-24-2008, 08:20 AM

When I first got my Clip I had exactly the same problem. It turns out that my computer couldn't decide which USB driver to use, so it kept flipping between the UHCI and the EHCI driver. I disabled the UHCI driver and all was well.

This was on Linux, but I'm sure the same could apply to other OS'es. You may want to try plugging it into another USB port (a USB 2.0 port if you've got one).

Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehoutz View Post
plug this junk into either its own cable or the one that works fine with my camera and bong bong bong. "writing". connecting, diconnecting" over and over

at least newegg is cool a bout it
Way to post, really useful... did you join our forums for help, or just to vent?

What operating system? What version of WMP? What Clip firmware?

Set it to MSC mode instead of MTP or Auto Detect before you get another hissy fit.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:39 PM

Seriously- the OP doesn't think for one moment to try plugging the player into a different computer first, to troubleshoot?

USUALLY the "junk" is a bad USB port, or a corrupt USB driver somewhere, especially on a brand new player.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:48 AM

Default By Guys

Little red dude; listenup. When I post to oh, say, overclockers regardingCPU/DDR clock ratio's, or HT link voltage, I am very specific. Because those are very technical things.

A mp3 player is a consumer electronic item meant to operated by , hmm, "persons of average intellect" as such, needing to know the difference between MTP and MSC simply means the manufacturer failed. End of story. You don't go online to flash the firmware on your microwave

Flash the firmware, haha, beavis would be proud haha

I was not venting, I was alerting other consumers to a Buggy device so they would make an informed choice.

If my razor leaves stubble on my chin I do not go to anythingbutbraun.com and look for firmware advice citing which outlet I used, no, I say this razor sux!

and the normal people like catlee get it

Way to post, really useful... did you join our forums for help, or just to vent?

What operating system? What version of WMP? What Clip firmware?

Set it to MSC mode instead of MTP or Auto Detect before you get another hissy fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
Seriously- the OP doesn't think for one moment to try plugging the player into a different computer first, to troubleshoot?

USUALLY the "junk" is a bad USB port, or a corrupt USB driver somewhere, especially on a brand new player.
Wow, Rokhead; read all the words.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:43 AM

No - you listen up. You're nothing more than a passer-by in our forums, and a very rude one at that. Keep that attitude for later, when you have a few hundred posts. Then I might take you seriously. I don't come to your place and start swearing about stuff without any fact or reason - besides appearing utterly asinine it would show really bad manners.

Your opinion disagrees with 99% of all other people about the Clip's quality. You did not post any valid reason for the tantrum you threw, just some incoherent ramblings.

As for "average intellect", a little hint: next time read the manual, it might give you a clue about what you're doing wrong. That's what manuals are for. Might save you the public embarrassment of appearing too ignorant to handle a simple MP3 player.

"Informed choice", "alerting"... yeah right, that's what "junk" and "crap" in your initial post mean. Thank you so much for your extremely valuable input. I'm sure people will draw their conclusions from that - and not from all the positive reviews and posts about the Clip.

And if your Clip really is faulty, then it's a pity. These things do happen, even with much more expensive equipment - but even then your ridiculous attitude wouldn't help at all. The player would be replaced under warranty anyways, totally not worth the drama you make of it.

Take an anger management class, it might help lowering your blood pressure.

Have a nice day.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehoutz View Post

A mp3 player is a consumer electronic item meant to operated by , hmm, "persons of average intellect" as such
You're absolutely right, and you seem to have solved your own problem: you're too stupid to have an mp3 player, so either get something simpler like a CD player, or hire a personal assistant (any 6 year old or above will do fine). Just remember to insert the CD with the shiny side DOWN

Old 06-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Little red dude; listenup. When I post to oh, say, overclockers regardingCPU/DDR clock ratio's, or HT link voltage, I am very specific. Because those are very technical things.

<o></o>
Little new member; listen up. MP3 players aren't technical "things"? Can you tell me how they are designed, engineered, and even developed.... or do you even know the difference? Can you tell me about the protocols they use, their surface mount technology, or even their SoC design? How about their embedded systems design and RTOS's? <o></o>
<o></o>
Quote:
A mp3 player is a consumer electronic item meant to operated by , hmm, "persons of average intellect" as such, needing to know the difference between MTP and MSC simply means the manufacturer failed.
<o></o>

<o></o>

Yes they are and that makes me wonder about your intellect. Needing to know the differences about features on your player just makes sense as a consumer or do you just blindly buy anything without reading up or doing any kind of research on what you will be buying? <o></o>
<o></o>
Quote:
I was not venting, I was alerting other consumers to a Buggy device so they would make an informed choice.

There is a much more appropriate, respectful, and less rude of a way to go about "alerting" consumers instead of posting a one sentence starting off my calling the device a piece of junk or saying it "sux". It is hard to take that seriously.<o></o>
<o></o>

Quote:
You don't go online to flash the firmware on your microwave
<o></o>

Quote:
If my razor leaves stubble on my chin I do not go to anythingbutbraun.com and look for firmware advice citing which outlet I used, no, I say this razor sux!
<o></o>

<o></o>
The fact that you are trying to compare a Microwave Oven and an Electric Shaver to a Digital Media Device shows a lot about your inexperience and lack of understanding. Did you know that many Microwave Ovens can even use firmware? You know that neat little display and buttons that have associated programs you can use? Well that is all controlled by microcontrollers and even a form of firmware. <o></o>
<o></o>

Quote:
and the normal people like catlee get it
<o></o>

<o></o>

IMO, it looks as though catlee "gets it" more.

The next time YOU want to "alert" consumers on YOUR opinion of a bad product, take it elsewhere.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 06-26-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

New firmware is good because not all players are bugless.

As for MTP and MSC, you need to read more then.

Why not play with the menu? That is how you get to know the player if the manual is old or not working.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:46 AM

Funny, this is the first time I noticed the Tags feature of this forum. I'd say they're all dead on in this case.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Redneck Moderator

Wow dude, your not a very smart person are you? Usually if something has a problem then you should try and figure it out and fix it, even these so called "persons of average intellect" will do this. So maybe you should at least TRY to measure up to them, I'm not saying you have to, but maybe a little effort? So plug it into a different computer, I'm sure you have one if your talking about CPU clocking, that or else your some wannabe 10 year old who heard about it on the internet somewhere and thought he'd be smart, come here and challenge the smartest people on this forum. You really should stop wasting yours, mine, and dfkt's time.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:38 PM

Can't see the advantage of upgradable firmware? Wow. No comment then, not worth the effort!

Old 06-30-2008, 03:01 PM

When will we learn to pay no attention to the trolls??

But I have to say, a douche may help with a cunning runt issue such as this.

Remember the commercial?

"Give it to Mikey"

"Awww, he won't eat it, he hates EVERYTHING"

"Hey Mikey!"

Why don't you go to NewEgg's site, and post your bitching in the product feedback page...you know, the one you checked BEFORE YOU BOUGHT IT AND SAW WHAT A GREAT DEVICE THE CLIP IS

Closed Thread

Tags
douche, idiot, lame, moron, retard, useless