android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon D2/D2+

Old 06-29-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
Go with the 16gb D2 and get the accessories L8R!!! I'd still splurge on a case myself, but it's better to get the higher capacity player if your gonna' need the space eventually (IMO). That extra 8gbs comes in handy, regardless of sd cards.

but back to one of mu qestions is 16GB enough to hold 1000songs and 30 or more hours of video?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-29-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTinSk8er View Post
but back to one of mu qestions is 16GB enough to hold 1000songs and 30 or more hours of video?
Not if the songs are in flac and the video at 2000 Mb/s. :P As the sig suggests, I have 32 GB and I find that, while I don't use all the space more than 24 GB is probably the perfect amount of data for me. I'm gonna go be asinine now and dl a season of some show I probably won't watch just so I can use more space!
Phonak Audeo PFE 111 (White), Sennheiser PX100 (Travel Purposes), Koss KSC-75 (Eh... Too Plingy)

Old 06-29-2008, 02:16 AM

I hope the D3 isn't announced this year. I'd be in a catch 22 if the D3 came out soon. I wouldn't want to sell my D2 because I become attached to my electronics but if the D3's sweet enough I'd buy it and my D2 would sit collecting dust as I proceeded to my newest love affair.

BTW, the D2 can't support resolutions above 320 * 240 because it lacks a chip for scaling video down to that resolution for viewing on the screen. At least that's my understanding.
Phonak Audeo PFE 111 (White), Sennheiser PX100 (Travel Purposes), Koss KSC-75 (Eh... Too Plingy)

Old 06-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansaRulez83 View Post
Not if the songs are in flac and the video at 2000 Mb/s. :P As the sig suggests, I have 32 GB and I find that, while I don't use all the space more than 24 GB is probably the perfect amount of data for me. I'm gonna go be asinine now and dl a season of some show I probably won't watch just so I can use more space!
***Bows down to show respect***

Old 06-29-2008, 04:54 PM

Default what the freaks should i do now

i just came on to abi this morning to find out that there is going to be a new creative player. now im soooooo confused if i should get the new creative player or the d2. but yeterday i also went on to this all cowon mp3 forums and they kept talking about how there was gonna be a d3? what should i do. im sort of leaning in more on the creative x-fi but if the price is outrageous than i would have to dice f i should get the d2 or something different(d3)

Last edited by DRIFTinSk8er; 06-29-2008 at 04:59 PM.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
what the freaks should i do now
First, you could stop making these redundant threads... merged.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
First, you could stop making these redundant threads... merged.
if you think there so dam redundant then don't be a part of them.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:37 PM

Um.. it seems like he owns the site... the site where you are asking for suggestions. (Administrator status)

Anyway, wait till the creative xfi comes out and abi should have a review up. I was thinking of getting a d2 myself, but hints of a d3 soon are really getting me worked up. I am currently telling myself that a D2 can't be a bad player to have anyway, or I have gone without an mp3 for this long, I can wait another year... perhaps...

good luck though

Old 06-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTinSk8er View Post
if you think there so dam redundant then don't be a part of them.
1) dfkt is one of the mods trying to HELP you. Attacking him is rather pointless (unless you like being banned).
2) If you post in different sections w/the same question it becomes confusing. Stay in 1 forum and help will come.
3) Even if you dont wait and get the D2 you cant go wrong, BELIEVE ME, it's the best sounding - PERIOD!!!
4) D3 is NOTHING but a rumor and waiting for it is a rather pointless endeavor. Get the D2, or just wait a few weeks and get the X-Fi. Those are viable options - D3 is a pipe dream.