android
Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 PM

Default Very Disappointed - Headphone Jack Very Touchy

Well, both of our new Sansa Clips arrived late this afternoon, and after dinner, we began the task of charging them up, and formatting them, then downloading the music we wanted on them! Then, the excitement began! We were just about ready to go! Our son's was ready to go first, and all of the sudden, he says that he thinks his is defective. When I asked him why, he says that his headphones aren't working right, and that his music doesn't sound right. My husband took a good look at it, and realized that the headphone jack is extremely touchy, and if the pin on the headphones isn't in JUST right, the song won't play. So, my music downloaded, and he checks mine, and while he can get my headphones to work, (I have a pair of (Sennheiser PX200's), my headphone jack is VERY close to being just like our son's!

Is this a problem with the Sansa Clip? I did a LOT of research before purchasing these, and I don't remember reading about this being a problem. Can someone help us here? This is really a let down for all of us, not to mention an entire evening wasted, working on putting the music on the Mp3's! Help!

Blessings,
Carol

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This might seem like a silly question, but are you sure you're inserting the connector fully into the headphone jack. I've never read about an issue like you're describing.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 PM

Well, you fixed it for me! Thanks, now I am really glad that I don't have to through Amazon's return fiasco! My husband was just really reluctant to push too hard on the pin that goes into the Clip, because it is so tiny. Actually, I think this helps to show that it isn't as fragile as it looks, just because it is small! I like the Clip even more now, except that I thought that ALL my music had downloaded before he tried to use my headphones on it. That was not the case. We will finish that process tomorrow night!

Thanks again, HipHop!

Blessings,
Carol

Old 06-27-2008, 08:48 AM

I had the same experience when I first got my Fuze. It felt like the phones were fully inserted, but they obviously weren't making correct contact. So I reluctantly pushed harder and viola, it worked great. After that, no problems and it doesn't require an unusually amount of force after that first episode.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Redneck Moderator

Yeah, I noticed that the clip has a tight headphone jack, but I assure you, thats a good thing, I've seen other players where the headphones can move around inside of them.... doesn't make for very nice SQ, or a good listening experience.