android
Old 01-07-2008, 12:16 PM

I know, sorry I didn't read the above posts properly

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-07-2008, 05:54 PM

Set userfont # in cfg file
call userfont # from wps viewport.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:41 AM

I read through this a bit, but I'm still a little confused. I want to change to font of the menus on many themes. iSansa is one. But when I go into choose font, it changes the font across all items and messes up the WPS. I've looked in the cfg of several, but I'm lost. Should I just wait a few days/weeks for the newer builds, will that help me?

Old 01-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digerati1338 View Post
Set userfont # in cfg file
call userfont # from wps viewport.
But don't forget, that user font 1 in the config must be called by 2 in the wps file and so on.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:03 PM

oh, yeh make sure on the next build that the picture and video items go to the OF folders, I can't get it to work atm. Awaiting next build hopefully, I want to get the latest viewports to test colossus, and get it to work. Don't worry I can wait till weekend when you hopefully have some free time

Old 01-11-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod
I read through this a bit, but I'm still a little confused. I want to change to font of the menus on many themes. iSansa is one. But when I go into choose font, it changes the font across all items and messes up the WPS. I've looked in the cfg of several, but I'm lost. Should I just wait a few days/weeks for the newer builds, will that help me?
If you use the menu to change font, it will change the system-wide font (including the WPS).

If you modify the font: config file option it will change the system-wide font. To use a different font in the WPS, you need to use a userfont and make the entire WPS in a viewport. Add %V|0|0|176|220|2|fgcolor|000000| to the top of the WPS, under the images. Set userfont1 in the config file to the font you want for the WPS.

I'm gonna get the new build out sometime tonight or tomorrow. Kinda preoccupied with installing and trying KDE 4 right now. I'll try to fix the video and photo menu, and I should get bitmap, viewport, multifont, and text editor patches in.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:22 AM

ok, I know this sounds stupid. But I really want you to include lcd fade! Kugel got it in his laitest build and although I can live with out it, when it's there I love it so much!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:57 AM

ok I am still a little confused about multifont...do I need to add "userfont #" to my .cfg?
or is "font" my userfont? "font" is the only parameter in the .cfg file that I don't see when in rockbox, so am I right in assuming that it is the userfont?

also, how many userfonts can you have?

Old 01-18-2008, 08:43 AM

Default Unable to download

When I click to download this build ........
following error occurs..........................

Error 404 - The Webpage cannot be found
Most likely causes:
You clicked a link that can be outdated
You are trying to access file that does not exists on server
Domain you are trying to access is not configured on this server (website was removed or is not setup yet).

www.000webhost.com - is Free Web Hosting provider

Old 01-18-2008, 01:17 PM

go to his website the link where it ses the patch list can be found will do, then go on download from there.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Zune Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pienose View Post
go to his website the link where it says the patch list can be found will do, then go on download from there.
You mean http://e200.digerati1338.googlepages.com/digibuild right?

Old 01-18-2008, 03:26 PM

yeh.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Zune Moderator

I thought I'd post the link since he couldn't figure out what you meant.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:50 PM

Help "right click"?

Hello
I'm using this branch and I'm very happy with it! Thanks for making it!

One question:

I used to be able to press the "down arrow" button on the sansa to access a menu. Like, if a file or DIR were highlighted and I press the "down arrow" key I would get a menu with options to delete that file or DIR.

Same if I had a mp3 playing I would press the "down arrow" to get a menu with options to create a bookmark etc.

what happend to that menu? Now both "power off" and "down arrow" do the same: it gets me to the main menu. I'm not even sure how to create a bookmark anymore.

Did I confuse this branch with some of the others?
(if so - feel free to laugh @ me )

Old 01-19-2008, 06:05 AM

there was a key map change a while back in svn, so down is now main menu, power is stop playback and hold select is the context menu. I'm still not sure about it my self, but it's ok. The old one matched the hardware better, I think it's stupid to have a menu button that doesn't take you to the menu.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:28 PM

The context menu that used to be down is now a long select. Press and hold the middle button. This is part of the keymap change. The new keymap is described in the Rockbox manual.

I haven't been able to do a build all week cuz of final exams. I'll try to get one done this weekend. I just switched my linux distribution over to Debian though, and I'm still working out some kinks, so I can't promise anything. I'll have a look at that broken link too when I get time.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:39 PM

Default A Patch Request

Hey Digerati,

First off...thanks for a great build. I just installed it tonight and it is running flawlessly.

I am a relative rockbox newbie, so I couldn't begin to guess at how much work is involved, but I was wondering if you would consider adding the 'bookmark on sleep timer off / idle off' patch to your build. http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/2720

lack of this patch is the only thing that would really keep me from running your build exclusively I think...I like that patch because I usually fall asleep to audiobooks running on my player, and it's nice to know that the bookmark will definitely be set as opposed to having to remember to set one manually when I turn the player on in the morning, before switching to music. I'm not real good at remembering stuff like that before at least one cup of coffee

At any rate...thanks again for the excellent build.

MB

Old 01-24-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainiak Blaniak View Post
like that patch because I usually fall asleep to audiobooks running on my player.
It's interesting to know that a lot of people fall asleep with some audibook or podcasts running on their player.(I'm one of them too)

I second this patch as well.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Zune Moderator

See I love the idea of this patch but I don't have a way to do this cause I plug in my player during the night. I it doesn't turn off, I wish there is something that would just stop playback after a certain time. Not just shut off the player.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:06 PM

Default Auto-off feature

I also would like to see a Rockbox patch that would shut down my player after a preset time (like the auto-off feature) except it would be persistent; that is the setting would remain in the device (mine is a Sansa) until changed. I have used radios with this feature for many years. The small irritation with the device going off is greatly offset by two situations:

1. My Sansa frequently gets left on inadvertently. Since the screen is set to go dark after 10 seconds, it just runs until the battery is dead. When I pick it back up to use it, surprise-- its dead. With the auto-off it would run 30 minutes and it would shut off. I would always know within 30 minutes how much battery is left.
2. I also would like to use the Sansa to listen to podcasts as I go to sleep. Many times I nod off and the player plays until morning. I don't think I sleep deeply with the player going constantly, I invariably change back to my trusty radio with the auto-off feature. I could use the sleep timer but if I happen to awaken in the middle of the night, it is impossible to reset the timer easily. The same auto-shutdown feature would be perfect for this application.

What I need is an auto-off that turns the device off after xx minutes. The Sansa will bookmark and shutdown and turning it back on is just a push of the ON button.

Would you be willing to try adding a patch which is supposed to add the auto-shutdown feature to the Sansa? I have asked for this in the Rockbox forums and this (auto_shutdown_patch.txt) is what they have recommended so the auto shutdown can be set from the config files:

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?...7669#msg117669

Closed Thread