android
Old 06-04-2008, 02:16 PM

Default Which D2 should I get?

I'm thinking of getting a D2 but can't decide which one to go for, looks like it'll be either one of the following:

- D2 16GB + 4GB SDHC card ~170

or

- D2 4GB with DAB + 16GBSDHC card ~155

is the 16GB version worth the extra or would I be better off with the 4GB DAB version?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-04-2008, 02:38 PM

Do you listen to DAB radio?

Old 06-04-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Do you listen to DAB radio?
I don't listen to DAB radio but I like the option of having a DAB radio as well as an FM Radio.

I was looking at a review of the D2 on Youtube before and one of the comments someone posted said:

'Buy the DAB version because with that you can download better firmware and awesome Flash Skins that changes the player theme and ads extra functions like if you tap on the clock it will zoom in and you will be able to see date. Without the DAB version you can only download themes that changed the style and not the design and does not add any extra functions DAB is a little bit more expensive but it's alot better!'

Is there any truth in that or is he talking rubbish?

Old 06-04-2008, 04:00 PM

Yeah, it's rubbish... you can use different firmwares with a regular non-DAB model as well, including those Flash skins.

The Korean firmware fork (3.xx firmwares) support Flash skins, the international fork (2.xx firmwares) doesn't. They're interchangeable and work with any normal D2. Same goes for DAB-enabled D2's and the corresponding 1.xx and 4.xx firmware forks.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:12 PM

Is it worth selling my Zune 80 for a D2?

Old 06-04-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungrave View Post
Is it worth selling my Zune 80 for a D2?
It depends. How much do you enjoy wirelessly syncing your media, sharing with others wirelessly, and actually need 80 gigs. For the last one I've never encountered anyone in real life who had any more than 20 gigs of media on their player. As a result this could a good fit.

Other than all of that, I've messed around with a Zune, first-hand, and I'd rather have a D2, features-wise.
Phonak Audeo PFE 111 (White), Sennheiser PX100 (Travel Purposes), Koss KSC-75 (Eh... Too Plingy)

Old 06-04-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansaRulez83 View Post
It depends. How much do you enjoy wirelessly syncing your media, sharing with others wirelessly, and actually need 80 gigs. For the last one I've never encountered anyone in real life who had any more than 20 gigs of media on their player. As a result this could a good fit.

Other than all of that, I've messed around with a Zune, first-hand, and I'd rather have a D2, features-wise.
I've never used the wireless feature of my Zune and I do think 80GB is more than I need, I have about 16GB of music which is why im considering one of the two D2 players I mentioned im my first post. Is there a lot of difference SQ wise?

Old 06-04-2008, 05:56 PM

I didn't do any objective comparison between the two units. The Zune has good SQ but from what I hear on this site, CNET, head-fi.org the D2 is near the top SQ-wise. Only the Sony Walkman series is regularly mentioned along side it.
Phonak Audeo PFE 111 (White), Sennheiser PX100 (Travel Purposes), Koss KSC-75 (Eh... Too Plingy)

Old 06-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Cant go wrong w/the D2 - PERIOD!!! Had a Zune 30 & 80 - as you can see from my sig its D2 for me!!! Best SQ between the 2.
And for which to get: Go for the 16gb UNLESS the DAB is a real priority.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
Cant go wrong w/the D2 - PERIOD!!! Had a Zune 30 & 80 - as you can see from my sig its D2 for me!!! Best SQ between the 2.
And for which to get: Go for the 16gb UNLESS the DAB is a real priority.
I wouldnt say DAB is a priority but is the 16GB worth the extra money over the 4GB DAB with 16GB memory card?

Old 06-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungrave View Post
I wouldnt say DAB is a priority but is the 16GB worth the extra money over the 4GB DAB with 16GB memory card?

YES, IT IS !!!
32gb vs 20gb - you decide. I have a larger amount of music and videos so more is better IMO. If you have a minuscule library then go with the smaller of the 2. I missed the 16gb D2 by a week or so and decided to go max @24gb. Its up to you, what your needs are.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:17 AM

Think of it like this. You can't expand your internal memory. Sure you can compensate with large external memory, but that is both more expensive and you will still not have a difference of 12GB of storage space with the largest card you can use in the player.

For me, at nearly the same price, I'd take the extra internal storage space (allowing for greater overall storage) than a DAB I'd never use. If you think you'll use it than get it, but if not take the storage.