android
Old 06-05-2008, 05:14 AM

Sorry, here's that web address, short and sweet:

http://www.dxcstore.com/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-05-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallen View Post
dfkt, at $219 (Amazon.com, shipping included) would q-JAYS continue to qualify as one of your "editor's choice" products?
Tough question... a $2xx price sure looks more intimidating than a $1xx price, even if it's "only" about $30 more. I cannot understand Jays' decision on this price raise - I only know in Europe they always have been that expensive. Several people on Head-Fi were complaining about the "unfair" European price, compared to the US one. Raising the US price instead of lowering the EU price seems like a quite weird choice though.

But they're still a great price/value I would say - and they're "editor's choice" because they're very versatile and right in the middle, concerning their sound qualities. Bassheads vs. bass haters, "analytic" vs. "fun", comfort, build quality, and so on... the q-Jays cater to a multitude of different tastes. Let's see what the future brings, but for now I wouldn't know what other phone we should give the "editor's choice".

Old 06-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Samsung Moderator

For the record, Jay's site lists the Q-Jays as still being 179 USD (even the new colors). It's possible that headphone.com just got stiffed with the new prices, that or it's deceptive marketing of them. When I bought them, I had a long conversation with Dave at headphone.com and he gave me an open box (return) at what he said was their cost: 169 USD. I don't know if I fully believe that, but for the sake of fun, let's pretend that their cost was really that close to the original sale price of 189 USD. It's possible they just realized how quickly they sell and they've now decided to actually put some markup on them to make up for the fact that they can probably still sell them at the price...

Who knows.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:11 PM

Anyone done business with DXC STORE? Just an intenet portal in Los Angeles with a PO Box but no phone number. Great prices - I'd just like to hear from a human before I authorize my VISA be used.
http://www.dxcstore.com/

Old 06-06-2008, 04:29 PM

DXCStore is a Head-Fi sponsor, I'm fairly sure they're legit. Very nice for you Americans, they have the old $179 price.

Check the "Head-Fi's Sponsors" column on the left: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/search.php?do=getnew

Old 06-07-2008, 02:15 AM

dfkt, thanks for the response. Yea, the price is great but I was fearful of getting ripped off. I realize you aren't the Better Business Bureau, but a familiar voice (byline?) is somehow reassuring. Do they have a BBB in Austria? Hey, I was looking at a picture of your band on this forum. Is that a Steinberger 4-string? It's beautiful.

-Mark

Tags
iem, jays, q-jays