android
Old 05-29-2008, 06:28 PM

Default Wanting to get a D2 - but from WHERE?

Has anybody used Jetmall.net to order? Before I go into detail, just wanted to know what kind of experience you had. I haven't gotten my order to go through and had a HECK of a time dealing with their "Customer service" live online thing....THANKS
Lisa

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Zune Moderator

Order from somewhere like amazon.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw View Post
Has anybody used Jetmall.net to order? Before I go into detail, just wanted to know what kind of experience you had. I haven't gotten my order to go through and had a HECK of a time dealing with their "Customer service" live online thing....THANKS
Lisa
Jetmall is owned by cowon, you can trust them

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 05-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Even if you DO order from Amazon it's still coming from Cowon - just re-routed through Amazon.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:31 PM

Well, here's the situation - trying to condense.
Tried last night to put order through - twice. Wouldn't go through. Kept saying "billing address and shipping address must be the same." OK...understood (although mine are both different).
So tried again tonight..same problem. Went to their "online support - LIVE" and clicked "sales support". Tech support came on and said sales was busy. OK.. he'd try to help me. Just a LITTLE frustrating there. Said to try sales again.
So did just that. Another tech support person came on. Said "sales is gone for the day". This is 2 hours before they were to close. He asked the ?'s about billing and shipping addresses. Then told me I needed to go through PAYPAL to order. HUH??? Nothing ANYWHERE about that when trying to order! Then he said "oh, no, that's not going to work." Then said "we don't even ship to a PO box"...(duh, I know UPS doesn't ship to PO's!). I made a comment wondering about customer service if it's that hard to get the order to go through....he says (and I quote right from the chat log) "ok your making this very difficult when it really isnt. i was told by your husband that your billing and shipping is a p.o box".. EXCUSE ME???
ANYWAY...long story short, I just got off the phone with my bank and it had THREE hits on the account for $229.99. The CS lady pulled them immediately and said I should check for the next 5 days to see if the company (jetmall) has added it back on. There was basically a hold on the account for $689.97.
I think I'm going to go elsewhere...the only reason I wanted to order from them is 1). I've heard they're trustworthy 2). You get the 8gb card and case with the order and 3). you have 30 days to return it.
Sorry this is so long, but DANG...what attitude!
SO...Amazon is the place to go? Does anywhere else offer the 30 days to return it? Or if they offer a refund? Some places I've seen offer only 7 days and NO REFUND - only an exchange.
THANKS everybody...it's because of you guys that I'm taking my Sansa View back and getting the D2 - such great comments about it (I'm having the freezing issue that was talking about with the Sansa View).

Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Zune Moderator

I'm sorry to here about your troubles at Jetmall. The Best other place probably is Amazon.com they have a good return policy and you can get any SD cards you may want from them as well.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Many internet sellers will not ship to a PO box and will only ship to the billing address of the credit card. Some will allow shipment to a different address if you fax them copies of a few pieces of ID or meet certain other requirements. I know this is an issue for many students who are away at college.

Another place to try is B&H Photo.

Last edited by FrododorF; 05-29-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:26 AM

Hey Lisa! I ordered mine from Dell Computers on the 21st. They're running a bit behind on orders so mine won't be leaving the factory until the 22nd of June. A bit long but worth the wait from all I've seen and heard about the D2. Plus Dell has a 2 year extended warranty for like, 35 bucks. 1 year for 20 bucks. If you don't mind a bit of a wait, Dell is an excellent company to deal with. Just an example: My co-worker had bought a Dell laptop, but the battery would not charge. So he calls Dell and tells them what's wrong. They ask him for the S/N and all, then said, keep it. It's unfixable and unsellable. There had been a production problem. It would cost them the shipping charges for a laptop that could not be fixed or sold, then just end up in the dumpster. So, they sent him a brand new laptop free of charge. And let him keep the perfectly fine, just can't be used on battery power, laptop. I was impressed. Plus they do have a very good customer service reputation in general. Just my two cents.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:37 AM

Did you read the sticky thread? - http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=17710

Old 05-30-2008, 08:40 AM

I did see the sticky with the "where to buy"...thanks... I was just wondering if anyone had had problems with that particular company and if anyone could specifically recommend a good reputable one. I think I''ve looked at almost all of the ones mentioned - basically not so much trying to get it at cheapest price, but one that will give good customer service, etc.
I'm sure I'll have more questions when I GET it!!! THANKS so much everybody!!
Lisa
PS. I hope I'm posting right...I think this might be my first or only second post to the forum

Old 05-30-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJCeeJay View Post
Hey Lisa! I ordered mine from Dell Computers on the 21st. They're running a bit behind on orders so mine won't be leaving the factory until the 22nd of June.
Yikes! I ordered mine from Amazon on the 25th and got it on the 29th with free 2-day/express shipping. The only hangup was the fact that they don't ship on Sunday or Monday. I don't know about the customer service from them but yeah...
Phonak Audeo PFE 111 (White), Sennheiser PX100 (Travel Purposes), Koss KSC-75 (Eh... Too Plingy)

Old 05-30-2008, 06:47 PM

I ordered mine through Jetmall a few months ago with no problems whatsoever. I placed the order on a Friday morning and received it the following Tuesday.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansaRulez83 View Post
Yikes! I ordered mine from Amazon on the 25th and got it on the 29th with free 2-day/express shipping. The only hangup was the fact that they don't ship on Sunday or Monday. I don't know about the customer service from them but yeah...

I'm gonna push Dell for the 2 year warranty for free, for my excessive wait. If they say no, then I'll cancel the order and give Jetmall or Amazon a shout.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Dell in the US doesn't sell the 16gb D2, do they? If they DO please provide a link as I can't seem to get any info on their site (and I'm a registered customer w/a current acct). I may see an upgrade to a 16gb just then!!!
***plots EEVL thoughts***

Old 06-01-2008, 11:37 PM

Huh! It appears that Dell US doesn't sell the D2 at all. It's available from Dell here in Canada. But not the 16 GB version. Only the 4GB. http://accessories.dell.com/sna/cate...navla=~3~16976

Strange. Amazon Canada doesn't have it. But Amazon US does. How very odd.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

@TJCeeJay - THANKS!!!
PS: Dell Canada also sells the NWZ-A829 - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!

Last edited by The DarkSide; 06-02-2008 at 07:01 AM.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:07 AM

Amazon Canada does not carry electronics, only books, CDs, DVDs, software and such.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:42 PM

got mine from amazon. it was nice and simple like usual with that site. although when you look at the tracking data, amazon is just playing middle man between you and Jetmall anyway.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:08 PM

Default Where to get the Cowon D2 in Canada... quickly!

Ordered mine two weeks ago, on a Saturday... got in delivered at my office by Tuesday of the same week, and it was a holiday on Monday...

http://www.directcanada.com/search/?kw=cowon

As I'm writing this message, the red one is $149.09 CAN... the black and the white are $180 CAN or so... $9.99 can for very fast shipping... I've ordered a 16 GB sdhc from that store as well. Works well in my D2 *but* when I hook the D2 to my car mp3 player, the car player only sees the original 4 GB, not the extension... This has nothing to do with the Cowon... But if it could be possible to make the SDHC as the default drive (instead of the internal memory), then I would be able to play it... anyway I've ordered a 1/8 to 3/32 stereo analog adapter so it will go in the aux plug of the car player... soon... dunno why they put a 3/32 inch for the aux input on my car player...