android
Old 06-04-2007, 06:25 PM

Default How do I access the MicroSD card?

OK, I got a new MicroSD 2GB card which I've inserted into my Sansa Connect. The player reported that the card had been inserted, and it shows up in the Info screen as "0 MB used (100% free)."

Sooooo ... how do I get songs on the thing? It doesn't show up in Windows Explorer or WMP. Do I need to actually get some hardware adapter for my system? Or would it be seen by Yahoo Jukebox?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-04-2007, 08:27 PM

Are you sure the card is fully inserted?

If it is and it still does not show up on windows explorer, try to remove it and reinsert it after your player is connected to see if it shows up.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-04-2007, 09:39 PM

Ray, thanks for your reply.

Yes, the card is fully inserted. I would think the Sansa Connect wouldn't report it as inserted if it wasn't.

Are you sure this card is supposed to be visible in Windows Explorer? If so, how is it listed?

After my last post, I did some more Googling around and came across a post in which someone said (I think) that files need to be put on the card using a reader/writer, like this: http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Prod...o.aspx?ID=1220

If so, that's really unfortunate. I got the impression, from what I've read about the player, that the card is a realtime expansion of the onboard memory, and I thought other Sansa models could write to the card.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:47 PM

Well, I donít own a Sansa Connect, but what I wrote to you did work w/my e260. I only use MSC mode so it always shows up as 2 drives when I connect (one for the e260 and the second for the microSD card). But I have read the connect does not allow you to change USB modes, is that true? If so, itís probably connecting as a MTP device and maybe thatís where your problem isÖdonít know beyond that

OBTW, welcome to ABI, nice to greet new members...

Old 06-04-2007, 09:53 PM

Hi Ray;

Thanks, good to be here. I've looked thru the ABI forums quite a bit over the last year or so, while trying out various MP3 players and seeing what hacks exist etc. ... "long time listener, first time caller" ;-)

Yeah, I had one of the Sansa e-series players a while back, and I remember the two drives being displayed. The Connect only works as an MTP device. I didn't know that would necessarily stop me from writing to the card via the player. Maybe a future firmware update will address this, if possible. (?) I know that Sandisk is planning on making higher capacity cards work with the player, I think there's a firmware upgrade for that planned for later this year.

Thanks for your help.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPlanet View Post
The Connect only works as an MTP device. I didn't know that would necessarily stop me from writing to the card via the player.
I didnít say that MTP would stop you, in fact it should work in MTP as well, only meant itís a possibility. Could it be that a driver on your PC is not recognizing it? Did you look in the device mgr? Finally did you try SanDisk tech support for ideas?

Old 06-05-2007, 12:52 AM

It is true that the only manner of using the microSD card is by copying files to it with a reader on the computer or external reader. Once you do this the Sansa Connect will see the content and add it to the Library provided the tags are done correctly they should show up in artist, genre, song, album etc. The other draw back is that even though you may have album art embedded the Sansa doesn't display album art on content via the microSD card. I found out the reason for this is that it doesn't actually read embedded, but when Yahoo copies the files to your device it actually puts the album art in a separate hidden folder. Since you can't do this when using the microSD card there is no way to get the album art to show up.

In my opinion the microSD card in its current state isn't very useful. I also wish the Sansa was Audible compatible and would at least allow us to use the SD card for that sort of like a Garmin GPS device does when you insert a SD card. You can choose between internal memory or external card.

I see no point in allowing for bigger microSD cards if they aren't going to allow us to use that space for Yahoo content. But different strokes for different folks.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:32 PM

Yeah, you need a card reader... Meh, they'll probably (hopefully) fix that in a firmware update. It is still pretty new, you know....

Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 PM

Default same here

Same thing. Glad I saw this thread or I would think that something is wrong with my new player. The SD card does not show up in explorer or WMP11.
I can play songs from it so I know the card is ok. This worked correctly in my Sansa Express. Fortunately I have an adapter and card reader. Hope this gets fixed.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:58 PM

Thanks for all the info, folks. I got SanDisk's "MobileMate" 5+1 reader and am able to read from and write files to the MicroSD.

I sure do hope that SanDisk adds the ability to write to the card through the player in a near future firmware release.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:30 AM

Actually, if you have WMP11 and you connect your Connect. WMP should recognize the MicroSD card. I've seen it work that way. The only limitations to that is it cant be subscription music, or anything containing DRM. If your looking for a budget card reader I suggest this, it's 20 bucks, and works nicely.

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item...n1_Reader.aspx

"Where there is data, it shall be manipulated."

Old 06-03-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace12 View Post
Actually, if you have WMP11 and you connect your Connect. WMP should recognize the MicroSD card. I've seen it work that way. The only limitations to that is it cant be subscription music, or anything containing DRM. If your looking for a budget card reader I suggest this, it's 20 bucks, and works nicely.

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1220)-SDDR-103-SanDisk_MobileMate_
SD_Plus5in1_Reader.aspx
I bought a sansa micro sd for AED 45 . it was suprisingly cheap and came with an sd card adaptor( put the micro sd card in the adaptor and put it into a sd slot in your pc ) . otherwise you may have to buy it as said above .