android
Old 05-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Next Release

Just to let everyone know, I have just finished syncing a new release. It will be tested today and barring no major bugs, it will be released tomorrow.

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-16-2008, 04:03 AM

Yupi! Can't wait...

Old 05-16-2008, 06:54 PM

I'm also looking forward to this next release, hope it comes out this weekend...

I'm still using a build from january, because i had a few problems with the last one...

Old 05-16-2008, 07:50 PM

Cpchan, can you do like a "To go list" just like OF?

Old 05-17-2008, 06:51 AM

It's been 2 days since you said tomorrow :\
I really like your branch, but you haven't updated it since march! I don't want to use another one, but it looks like you just don't want to do this anymore

Old 05-17-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSoft View Post
It's been 2 days since you said tomorrow :\
I really like your branch, but you haven't updated it since march! I don't want to use another one, but it looks like you just don't want to do this anymore
Hey, come on now. It's not like you're paying him anything for this stuff. Give the guy a break. He does have a real life apart from this place, you know...

Old 05-17-2008, 10:09 AM

Cut the dude some slack. He is an artist. This stuff shouldn't be rushed. BTW, I love your version.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBob View Post
Hey, come on now. It's not like you're paying him anything for this stuff. Give the guy a break. He does have a real life apart from this place, you know...
I know, I know, he is doing it only from his own will, and I happy people like him exists, but I do believe that if you do something then do it, or at least tell us that you stopped working on it so we can stop waiting like a dumb ass :\
For the past few weeks I've been checking daily for an update and well, you know just like me that nothing came with it...

I by no means want to hurt chan, I appreciate his work, I truly do, but if he left than just tell us...

Old 05-18-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSoft View Post
I know, I know, he is doing it only from his own will, and I happy people like him exists, but I do believe that if you do something then do it, or at least tell us that you stopped working on it so we can stop waiting like a dumb ass :\
For the past few weeks I've been checking daily for an update and well, you know just like me that nothing came with it...

I by no means want to hurt chan, I appreciate his work, I truly do, but if he left than just tell us...
He said he loaned his sansa to a buddy for a trip and just got it back. Pretty hard to code and test on a device you don't have. I just hope he quits loaning it out and risking damage otherwise we might truly see the end of the cpchan builds

Old 05-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Rockbox Developer

You could be right. But:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan
Just to let everyone know, I have just finished syncing a new release. It will be tested today and barring no major bugs, it will be released tomorrow.

Charles
a few days ago.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:16 AM

All we can do is wait for the new build, or just start using another branch... I'm waiting for a stable release since January, haven't changed it because i really like this branch.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:02 PM

That's the 100th time he pulled that trick on us, I think. I stopped trusting it all together

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Just to let everyone know, I will be starting a sync today.
Charles
Quote:
I will fix it in the next release that I am slowly working on. Expect it Sunday night EST or Monday morning.
Charles
Quote:
I will be working on a new release this weekend. Please be warned that due to the latest View ports and multifont changes it will break a lot of themes. @AZ, I will be readding the "Shutdown on hold" patch, please test to see if you still have the problem.
Charles
Quote:
I will be doing a sync this Sunday. So if you have any requests, bug fixes, etc, now is the time to post.
Charles
Quote:

Charles
Maybe it's time to stop making promises and be rock star about it. Let them guess when it will be released

Old 05-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Rockbox Developer

Someone deletes posts in here :?

Old 05-18-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
Someone deletes posts in here :?
I deleted the flaming. There's no need for that in here.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:51 PM

paciently waiting for a new release... It'll come out soon, i hope.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:27 AM

Why dont you change to another build if its too much for you to wait? There is no point on winning around all the time.. He has a life of his own to take care of.. He makes Rockbox builds because he likes to and he releases them for us to use them aswell. You should appreciate that. I agree that it was not nice from him to promise a release and then let us hanging but I always liked his builds and thats why I am going to wait and support him in any way. And thats what everyone else who likes his build should do.. As I said before there are plenty of other releases out there.. go fetch another..

Old 05-20-2008, 03:34 PM

For those of you who are "sick of waiting". Rolling your own is not all that hard to do. It's nice to be able to modify the source code. I've fixed/customized a few things myself. There are lots of interesting patches available that the custom builders aren't using.

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...ideToCompiling

Old 05-21-2008, 07:09 PM

None of my themes work (iPhone, kSansa, AeroMac, and everything else). Everything is misaligned. What's wrong?

Old 05-22-2008, 05:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePerson View Post
None of my themes work (iPhone, kSansa, AeroMac, and everything else). Everything is misaligned. What's wrong?
All of these themes uses unofficial patches. They are very sensitive to the versions of the patches that they use because the patches keep changing. Whether a certain theme will work out of the box on a particular build depends on if the build include the patch the theme need and if the version expected in used in the theme.

Charles

Old 05-22-2008, 05:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S73f@n0s View Post
Why dont you change to another build if its too much for you to wait? There is no point on winning around all the time.. He has a life of his own to take care of..
Yes, something came up and I need to be out of town for a couple of days. I am all caught up now and will be releasing the new version very soon.

Charles

Closed Thread