android
Old 05-13-2008, 08:51 PM

Default need Help Deciding!!

ok i dont know if i should get the 32 gb zen(it is awfully cheap for replacement 25$), yp-p2 8gb(awesone blutooth), or 16gb d2( a bunch of stuff is awesome). i kinda nocked zen off the list but it does have good space. so p2 or d2?they are both awesome and affordable. Any help. thx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-14-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts great5 View Post
ok i dont know if i should get the 32 gb zen(it is awfully cheap for replacement 25$), yp-p2 8gb(awesone blutooth), or 16gb d2( a bunch of stuff is awesome). i kinda nocked zen off the list but it does have good space. so p2 or d2?they are both awesome and affordable. Any help. thx
Seems to be the sound quality is about the same on both players, with the general opinion saying that D2's sound quality might be only slightly better.

Screen on both players seems to be very nice.

Size is comparable.

Only thing ive seen is a lot of issues with SD cards, and some firmware problems. But a 32gb version might make the SD card issues a non issue for you.

In my opinion, the D2 is the best sounding MP3 player I've owned. It looks good, is much smaller in real life than in videos. Screen is brilliant. Easy to use, and I've had no issues with expanded memory. It runs off the SD card just as fast as it does the internal memory, with the exception of a slightly slower start up time by literally a second or two.

I've always liked creative, but I'd never trade the D2 in for one. But the price is pretty nice. I'm sure you will be satisfied no matter what road you take.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:11 AM

Creative Zen is an utter joke. And this is coming from a 4 generation Zen User (Nomad, Jukebox, Micro, and Vision: M). The SD integration is awful, the sound is so-so, and the tactile controls feel weak and easily breakable.

YP-P2 is a real premium player with some real fantastic features. And when Samsung releases and firmware update you know it's definitely worth your while.

The D2 has the sounds though. Easily the loudest and arguably the best sounding in it's class. It also has seamless SD card integration and the brightest and the most vibrant screen. It's also got tactile controls (adjust volume and skip tracks) so you can just leave it in your pocket without going through the hassle of fiddling with touch screens.

YP-P2's advantage over D2: Larger screen, better firmware updates, Bluetooth wireless, better touchpad controls, and more file support.

D2's advantage over the YP-P2: More colors in the display, flash support (for viewing maps, playing games, etc), tactile controls so you can do simple things without the hassle of using the touch screen (unless you want to), expandable memory (up to 16 gigs so far, possibly up to 32 gigs). It's also cheaper per gigabyte.

Now decide which gives more bang for your buck.

Last edited by Lawliet; 05-14-2008 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Forgot additional information

Old 05-14-2008, 05:17 PM

i think ill get the d2 because it is small and has flash support. also because it got good memory options. thx.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:00 PM

Seriously Now, The sound quality of the Cowon D2 is exponentially superior to that of the Creative Zen, Which happens to be one of the single worst sounding DAP units existent.

There's simply no comparison between the two... The Cowon is the far better DAP.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post
Seriously Now, The sound quality of the Cowon D2 is exponentially superior to that of the Creative Zen, Which happens to be one of the single worst sounding DAP units existent.

There's simply no comparison between the two... The Cowon is the far better DAP.
Depends on what you like, personally, I like the way the Zen sounds.
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 05-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The Zen is decent sounding and the D2 is the best out (just don't forget the Sony's). On SQ alone the D2 just blows the Zen away. I know, I've had both and the Zen had to go. Zen is the budget player and D2 is the PREMIUM!!! Try both and you'll notice the difference immediately. Also, you'll be limited w/the headphone choices available to you with the Zen - can only power IEM's and the volume will be very low.