android
Old 03-16-2008, 08:23 PM

Default Windows Vista not recognizing micro sdhc card

I'm using an adapter for my micro sdhc card and windows is not showing that it's plugged in, but works for my other micro sd cards. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Few notes:
If you're using the OF for the USB connection, it doesn't support MicroSDHC, and therefore a MicroSDHC card won't appear on the computer.
If you're trying to use Rockbox for the USB connection, Rockbox doesn't support USB.
If you're using a separate adapter (which I believe you said you are) then we can't really help, since it's most likely a problem with the adapter.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:44 AM

Some time ago I picked up a Sandisk MobileMate SD+ memory card reader. This gets around the OF and the as-yet-unfinished Rockbox USB support.

In actuality, if you enable USB in your Makefile, Rockbox's nascent USB support does, in fact, gain you access to an SDHC card. It also gains you the possibility of data corruption on the card, which has already happened to me once, necessitating formatting and repopulating the card. So I will refrain from using native Rockbox USB until there's word of a stable implementation.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukashii16 View Post
I'm using an adapter for my micro sdhc card and windows is not showing that it's plugged in, but works for my other micro sd cards. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
If I'm not mistaken, the OF can only support MicroSD cards up to 2 GB in size, so if its bigger than that, there's your problem.
If you're plugging the card into an adapter for use in Rockbox, I don't know if there's any maximum supported size. It could be an adapter problem. Did you try a different SD adapter?

Old 03-25-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukashii16 View Post
If it's a problem not showing up in Vista then it's either an OS or usb hardware problem, or a possibility that your microSDHC card reader isn't jiving with the OS?.

I'm using mine in WinXP with no problems. Put your e200 in MSC mode and just drag and drop.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 05-07-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
I'm using mine in WinXP with no problems. Put your e200 in MSC mode and just drag and drop.
That will only work for microSD cards, not microSDHC cards. Until rockbox USB support is completed, you will have to use a separate card reader to fill microSD cards larger than 2GB