android
Old 05-06-2008, 07:09 AM

Default How to sync properly?

I am using Mediamonkey to sync my files using my Clip set in MSC mode.

I have two playlists I would like synced. One is called "Top 35 Played" and "Never Played Before", both should be self-explanatory. I would like the Top 35 list always synced on the player, and the remaining space (minus 30 megabytes required for the Music Database file it keeps asking me for). I have tried many ways, syncing playlists separately (syncing selected and using auto-sync options), copy-pasting the Top 35 and syncing Never Played using MediaMonkey (results in only the Never Played files visible on the player), so this probably rules out using a combination of copy and paste and media player syncing. Mediamonkey also renames my music files to a number if that matters.

What is the best way I can do this (preferably using Mediaplayer as I like how it looks like iTunes, but isn't )

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You don’t sync in MSC mode, you sync in MTP mode, MSC is for drag & drop.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 05-06-2008, 08:28 AM

That may explain why my MTP/MSC setting on the Clip keeps switching and gives me troubles connecting it to the computer. I'll try sync again with MTP. When you sync with MTP and you find the disk capacity properties using My Computer, is it meant to show 0 bytes of free space (regardless of content)?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
You don’t sync in MSC mode, you sync in MTP mode, MSC is for drag & drop.
I never use MTP mode, but there are alternate ways to sync in MSC mode, using file sync, but you have to manage your playlist files in a separate folder. Then you can use any file syncronizing utility, like Directory Opus or some backup software.
Another way is to generate playlist in MusicIP Mixer (which is awesome for me) and then copy the playlist in your device, even renaming at will.
I don't know if that is the same, so please let me know your opinions.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristiano007 View Post
I never use MTP mode, but there are alternate ways to sync in MSC mode, using file sync, but you have to manage your playlist files in a separate folder. Then you can use any file syncronizing utility, like Directory Opus or some backup software.
Another way is to generate playlist in MusicIP Mixer (which is awesome for me) and then copy the playlist in your device, even renaming at will.
I don't know if that is the same, so please let me know your opinions.
Thanks for the info, as you can tell by my post I don't use MTP or playlists ever, only play full albums ... still I'm a happy camper

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 05-06-2008, 10:01 AM

I use MSC mode with Winamp to sync my playlists to the Clip. Works really well except for one gotcha. The Clip expects paths in the playlists to be relative to the location of the playlist instead of full paths from the root of the player. Winamp always puts full paths in the playlists.

I ended up having to create a little batch file to fix the paths in the playlists after syncing. I used the amusingly named FART (Find and Replace Tool): http://sourceforge.net/projects/fart-it/. It's a free command line tool to replace or remove text in a text file. You might want to check it out.