Old 04-17-2008, 08:32 PM

When will we see:
- On the go list
- Crossfade feature
- More visualization

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Banned

- A note taker (for an on-the-go-list) was not mentioned for 3 and 4.
- Crossfade where one song fades out while the next one fades in was not mentioned for 2 and 4.
- Visualizations have been mentioned by more people as something they would like to get rid of rather than have more of. There is a slim possiblity you might be able to make your own within the UCI editor coming to SMS with the 4th Bluewave. Slim.

4D

Old 04-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
I found a video to download about the 3rd and 4th Bluewaves. It's not in english, but there are slides shown. It is a Korean man talking about the P2 and associated firmware, with some slides being shown.

So far he has shown a pie chart, and a list of sources where Samsung has gathered their data. The sources listed are:

Naver P2 Cafe
MP3 University P2 Community
AnythingButIpod Samsung P2 Forum
CNET.com samsung Forum
AVSFORUMS.com Samsung Forum
AdvancedMP3players.com Samsung Forum,

The pie chart includes:
UCI Tool +?? DNSe = 5% (Bluewave 4)
DMB = 3% (Bluewave 5?)
AAC ?? = 2% (Bluewave 1)
?? = 14% (Bluewave 2)
GUI = 7% (Bluewave 3)
?? = 4% (Bluewave 4)
DNSe = 4% (Bluewave 2)
Password = 2% (Bluewave 4)

Anything with ?? I couldn't read.

His next slide was a list of features to be in the 3rd and 4th Bluewave.
Seven listed for 3rd Bluewave, including:
1. ?? 3 new GUIs + the Sammy one ??.
4.?? LCD ??
5. 0.5 - 1.5 video speed, WMA ?? 1.3
6. LCD OFF

The 4th Bluewave section has 6 things listed:
8. UCI Tool (in SMS)
9. Custom DNSe settings (for playlists?) (in SMS?)
10. ?? ?? 24 ?? ??
11. Bluetooth (gameplay?) (with P2, T9, S5, T10, ??, ??, ??)
12. ?
13. ?

He then shows images of the 3 themes (dandy,Woody,Toy) plus the Sammy matrix UI.

Next is a screen showing the full screen cover art with lyric in Bluewave 3.

Next is a screen showing both play speed and brightness settings for video.

Next he shows the calculator.

Now for 4th wave things.
1st shown are two games, with remarks that they can be played between the P2 and other bluetooth devices.
2nd shown are subway maps, for cities including: Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Sydney, New York, Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver, Mexico City, London, Paris, Rome, Milano, Berlin, Munich, Athens, Moscow, SaintPetersburg, Madrid, Barcelona
3rd is a slide showing SMS UCI Editing, Password, and custome DNSe setting by playlist and possibly by album.

Not much we didn't already know, except for DMB in the potential Bluewave 5 from the pie chart data. Any guesses what DMB stands for?

TV on your P2 anyone? DMB may use the FM tuner for Digital Mulltimedia Broadcasts. Very hot in Korea. May not work at all in North America because we reserve the frequencies involved for military radio.

4D
lol it is the internal report I have.
You're not supposed to have read it

I got a P2 since yesterday and I'd like it to be able to explore the other device in file transfert bluetooth mode.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Banned

Well I hope Samsung sees we've seen it and steps up the final 3rd as well as the upcoming 4th to really wow us. Not very wowed at the moment.

4D

Old 04-18-2008, 04:30 PM

completely confused by the inclusion/'need' for subway maps??? i've ridden subways in nyc/tokyo/chicago/toronto and have never been to a subway where the place wasn't already plastered with maps everywhere.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
I dream too. If the P2 had had wifi it would be my last media device. As it is I'm still looking for that perfect one. The P2 is close and getting closer. The iPod Touch is close. No cigar for either though as the Touch needs bluetooth and the P2 needs wifi.

4D
yah except the difference is you CAN get bluetooth on the touch by buying the addon. you cannot get wifi at all on the p2.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Banned

Yep, kameko, you're right. I've got two bluetooth add-ons for my Touch. Neither supports more than one paired output. Neither supports bluetooth pairing with a cell phone. Both are ugly lumps on the touch that keep it from sitting on a dock or fitting in a case. I guess I should have said the Touch needs the P2's bluetooth, internally. It also needs a mic.

Yes, the P2 needs wifi to become my perfect device. Alas, again, neither is perfect.

4D

Old 04-23-2008, 09:51 AM

I just wish they'd finally offer better received files integration. It doesn't seem reasonable that any pictures i transfer via Bluetooth don't show up in the gallery, but you have to fish for them through the file browser instead =/

Old 04-24-2008, 11:10 AM

Default My final wishlist for future firmware

So here are some points that are, in my opinion, useful and let's say not so hard to implement in a possible future firmware. I don't know if I have any chance to see them implemented, but maybe Lebellium or other "Samsung connected" person could ring a bell or something... as I saw a 5th version in discussion.

1 - Gapless playback. Lack of this feature is very-very annoying for a quality MP3 player...

2 - I really don't understand why I have to push twice on the hardware buttons when the screen is off. It is beyond my understanding that I have to push twice a button (first push lights the screen and the second does the action) to pause a song, for example...

Note: Someone suggested that a slightly longer push will work, but I've never succeded to pause a song in this manner, only to turn off my P2 when pressing the Pause button a "little" longer.

3 - Use a computer as Wireless Stereo. My old Nokia phone can, why P2 can't? It seems that the search for A2DP services is filtered in P2 to show only "headphone" devices. What purpose serves this limitation?

4 - More file management commands. Move file(s) would be useful as all BT received files are in a single folder regardless of the type. If I could select more than one file for the operation ... am I dreaming

5 - Another improvement in Bluetooth phone functionality - why can't P2 show the name of the caller when it already has the entry in the Address Book? Any phone does this.

That's all. I've never imagined that the 3rd and 4th firmwares will be so thin... Personally, I don't care about custom themes because I LISTEN TO and USE my P2, I'm not showing to others some "cool" colorful screens...

Old 04-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Samsung Moderator

The problem is that korean engineers are stubborn and don't take into account what we ask them.
I ask them to implement gapless. A lot of people wish for this function on forums. Nevertheless, that is even not mentionned in the results of the survey...
I sent them all what people here and on generationmp3 wished. And it is as if they didn't read it.
"for you, by you" => of course, of course...

And my P2 shows the name of the caller when it already has the entry in the adress book!!! I saw it once (I don't often use this function). I hope I didn't dream^^

Old 04-24-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
And my P2 shows the name of the caller when it already has the entry in the adress book!!! I saw it once (I don't often use this function). I hope I didn't dream^^
Yes, you are right, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Seems to be something related with the format of the number (if it is including the +xx country code or if there are more numbers per name maybe).
OK, I can erase this from my wishlist

Old 04-24-2008, 01:58 PM

why donīt they put option that we can listen music reverse?
it will be fun

Old 04-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Samsung Moderator

I think there are many things more important to implement before that!! lol

Old 04-24-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanchich View Post
why donīt they put option that we can listen music reverse?
it will be fun
Oh, yes, for all of thirty seconds.

Btw, if you're really "into" playing stuff backwards, you can get audio editing apps which can do it on your computer. Heck, even QT can do it.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:27 PM

a coverflow-ish photo viwer

Old 04-26-2008, 08:47 PM

Smile

With the accidental reproduction, should jump back of the P2 the songs in the order as they have been played. So no accidental regift with before and jump back, run the tape on only with.

2 key spears functions:
The first key spears, should press the screen and them contain. (Standard) the second key spears, should contain only the screen. Play/Stop/Volume should remain free, so that one can stop the reproduction comfortably in the trouser pocket or reduce the volume. If these feel lighter would be to be pressed, this would be actually pointless option, but this is with the P2 not the case. It irritates me constantly the P2 from the trouser pocket to get only because I want to do quietly or loudly. (optionally)

In v4.13 I can receive no data by mobile phone I am able to do (SE, Nokia, Samsung etc.) only with the PC data on the P2 receive. The Headset connection is built up always automatically, as soon as I switch on Bluetooth on mobiltelefon.

Free translation German-> English

Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 AM

Tekker, your free translator didn't do a very good job
I've read through your post a couple of times and I think I have figured out what you are saying. So, I thought I would "translate" itt for others. Hope I got everything right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekker View Post
With the accidental reproduction, should jump back of the P2 the songs in the order as they have been played. So no accidental regift with before and jump back, run the tape on only with.
When using shuffle, the P2 should keep track of the songs played so that you can jump back to the same song.

Quote:
2 key spears functions:
The first key spears, should press the screen and them contain. (Standard) the second key spears, should contain only the screen. Play/Stop/Volume should remain free, so that one can stop the reproduction comfortably in the trouser pocket or reduce the volume. If these feel lighter would be to be pressed, this would be actually pointless option, but this is with the P2 not the case. It irritates me constantly the P2 from the trouser pocket to get only because I want to do quietly or loudly. (optionally)
Two key lock functions:
First, should only lock the screen and leave the buttons free. This way you can reach in your pocket to stop/start or change volume. If the buttons on the P2 were too easily pressed, this would be pointless, but on the P2 they are stiff enough to avoid most accidental presses. Itt is irritating to constantly have to remove the P2 from my pocket just to change the volume.
(I assume the second lock would be the normal "full" lock that we have now.)

Quote:
In v4.13 I can receive no data by mobile phone I am able to do (SE, Nokia, Samsung etc.) only with the PC data on the P2 receive. The Headset connection is built up always automatically, as soon as I switch on Bluetooth on mobiltelefon.
In v4.13 I can't receive data with my phone. I can receive data with the PC. As soon as I turn on Bluetooth on my phone, the P2 connects as "headset."

Quote:
Free translation German-> English
Hope I got everything right.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:23 AM

Two key lock functions:
no i mean. first lock: that locks the P2 FULL. that we have now. (Standard)
second lock: that locks ONLY the screen & the keys are free.
---
and the bluetooth:
when i started the bluetooth on my P2 & started then the bluetooth on my phone, then connected the P2 automatic. to the phone as a "Stereo Headset"
when i search to "stereo Headset" with my P2. says: no "Stereo Headsets found"
and Reverse: when i started the bluetooth on the phone first & started the P2 second, then connected the P2 as a "Headset" automatic.
when i disconnect & try to a new connect manually then connected as a normally phone "Headset"

and i canīt receice files on my P2 with any phones, only with PC can i Receive on my P2. isīt not a bug, itīs a feature.

---
System Ideas: when i started/shutdown the P2, then i see the RED LED blink 2*. that not looks fine, when the screen are in BLUE text & BLUE bubbles.
My Idea: the LED must Blink in BLUE. that are looks more more fine.
---
hope you understand me

Old 04-27-2008, 03:24 PM

1) Enable DNSe under Bluetooth so I can correct for the mediocre sound quality using the User EQ. The T9B (v1.80) has this feature and it sounds better than the P2 & T10 using BT. The newer Samsungs should not take away functionality provided by it's predecessors. Sony has also provided similar functionality in thier A72x/A82x series players.

2) Increase the allowable bit rate the P2 & T10 will stream to improve SQ. There is no way on earth these devices stream anywhere near the theorectical limits of BT 1.2, considering these are BT 2.0 devices. I've heard phones with better BT A2DP sound quality and they are phones. The Sony NWZ-A829 is good example can be done with A2DP sound quality. Competitive analysis improves the breed. It sounds like it's being held to a 64kbps bit rate at best. regardless of the theorectical max bit rates.

3) Enable the Bluetooth A2DP output under FM tuner as already implemented on the T9B (v1.80). The T9B sync cable serves as a antenna so this can be useful while charging.

4) Make the BT output quasi 'line out' as implemented in the T9B (v1.80) to prevent having to fool with two separate volume controls.

5) Don't allow a screen tap to change the music play screen. There is a menu option to facilitate this already so tapping on the screen during playback is redundant. An accidental screen tap forces someone tap thru all the options or go into menu to fix.

6) Enable RDS for all regions. Why RDS is limited so some regions completely escapes me.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:56 AM

Bluetooth folder send option and multi send. I miss this a lot!
[x] xyz
[x] abc
[x] asd
Sending...

Bluetooth sending option at musik/video/picture menu.
and a folder delete option.

Misspellings in v4.13 KR at German:
Prime Pack in headline: Prämiumpaket -> Premiumpaket
Prime Pack -> Texte -> in headline: Texts -> Texte