android
Old 04-10-2008, 04:43 AM

Default YP-P2 UART comms

Hi all,

I posted this in the generic samsung forum too but it doesn't look like many people read there:

Has anyone figured out the instruction set for the UART interface in the 24 pin connector?

I assume it allows similar functionality to the apple accessory protocol; that is, a dock or other peripheral would be able to communicate and control the P2, for example change track or play/pause.

Also, I assume there is a convention among Samsung docks/remote controls- does anyone have one for another device that could be tested to determine the different codes?

The alternative is blasting the unit with random sequences until it does something interesting, which would be tedious to say the least.

Its a shame Samsung doesn't publicise more information about the interface.

Thanks,
Ben

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-10-2008, 05:27 AM

Assuming that you really want to do this... ull actually need to get quite a few dock connector (i was wondering if anyone wanted to do a group buy and we can somehow ask samsung to ship us a lot to play around with)

If you looked at Samsung's site, they should have all the Pinout and whatnot for the P2.

Here are a few link for more info:

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=15267.0
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...P2-e-6-pcb.pdf
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=20868

Old 04-16-2008, 01:21 AM

Hi,

I've ordered a download cable off ebay, the connector has screws on it and all the pins so I'm just going to disassemble it and solder to the other pins. I read somewhere that the connector hardware is actually a TTA standard for cell phones, so there should be an easier way to buy the connectors?

I have an old k3 as well which looks like the same connector so I was thinking about doing the testing on that in case anything goes wrong.

Ben

Old 04-16-2008, 02:38 AM

If it's the same as the K3, then yes, it is related to cell phones, LG phone chargers work with the K3.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benstabler View Post
Hi,

I've ordered a download cable off ebay, the connector has screws on it and all the pins so I'm just going to disassemble it and solder to the other pins. I read somewhere that the connector hardware is actually a TTA standard for cell phones, so there should be an easier way to buy the connectors?

I have an old k3 as well which looks like the same connector so I was thinking about doing the testing on that in case anything goes wrong.

Ben
hmm, i guess that oculd work, as long as u know your pinouts, it shouldnt be of problem.
but then the problem with going on ebay and getting one... its really hard to know which ones actually have all the pins.