android
Old 04-14-2008, 12:30 PM

Default My P2 does not want to shutdown!!

Hello all,

I have my P2 since January with firmware 3.15. All perfect () until today ().

I bought by ebay a bluetooth pair of earphones, the LT Bluetooth S9 (not Motorola but they are exactly as the Motorola ones on the outside) I have been trying for a while to pair it with the P2 but they only "paired" one time... The sound was quite good although.

Then the P2 suddenly disconnected the pair of earphone and I tried to connect them again, but the earphones were undiscoverable.... And now I am trying to reboot the P2 and it is impossible, it does not shutdown!!! The play/pause button still works (as it is the same to turn off the device) but when I hold it the device does not turn off.....

Any ideas? It has happened to someone before? I searched in the forum but I did not found anything... Hope it works to turn ON the device when the battery runs down and it will be full again!!!!!

Thank you!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-14-2008, 12:36 PM

Have you tried resetting the thing?

Old 04-14-2008, 12:43 PM

haha Thank you!! It worked!

When everything runs fine you do not need to remember there exists a reset button

But the BT earphones are still not pairing... And they work perfectly with the phone, they pair at the first attempt always with the phone...

Old 04-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Samsung Moderator

Bluetooth is fickle. You sometimes have to wait 10 seconds or so for the device to shutdown when connected to bluetooth headphones. Luckily bluetooth problems with the P2 tend to resolve themselves with time.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:47 AM

Thumb Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Bluetooth is fickle. You sometimes have to wait 10 seconds or so for the device to shutdown when connected to bluetooth headphones. Luckily bluetooth problems with the P2 tend to resolve themselves with time.

Thank you for your answer! The fact is that I have been able to pair those earphones only one time in two days... Is it normal? They are like the Motorola S9, but not the Motorola ones. Anyone having the original Motorola S9 that have these connection problems too?

Maybe I will have to wait for future updates of the firmware for major compatibility or expect to have some planets aligned in order to pair these two ....

What do you mean that the bluetooth problems tend to resolve themselves with time? Maybe the P2 has some AI incorporated??

See you!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:41 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico View Post
Thank you for your answer! The fact is that I have been able to pair those earphones only one time in two days... Is it normal? They are like the Motorola S9, but not the Motorola ones. Anyone having the original Motorola S9 that have these connection problems too?

Maybe I will have to wait for future updates of the firmware for major compatibility or expect to have some planets aligned in order to pair these two ....

What do you mean that the bluetooth problems tend to resolve themselves with time? Maybe the P2 has some AI incorporated??

See you!

OK, I'll answer myself. Those earphone ONLY pair with the P2 when they are absolutely full of battery, after that moment is very difficult to pair.........