android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e200 > Sansa e200 General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2008, 10:54 PM

Help e250r with "load main image failed" recovery mode fw update dosent help

My dad recently bought a Sansa e250r. Right now it gives an error "load main image failed switch to recovery mode" I called technical support and followed there instructions. They had me re-format it by going into recovery mode and copying over the "sansa.fmt" file which didn't help. After that they sent me instructions on how to re flash the FW in recovery mode which i have done several times, both with and without the "sansa.fmt" file.
I was wondering what my next step should be and wanted to make sure I don't further damage it by trying to fix it, most of the information I find is non-R specific or I'm not sure if it is or not. I'm guessing the next step would be to redo the boot loader but I'm not sure if "BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom" is specific to non-R players.
Thanks in advance for any advice, this seems like a pretty cool device, I might have to look into one for myself if I get this one fixed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]