android
Old 04-13-2008, 02:06 AM

Default Volume memory feature ?

I can't seem to find an option to keep the volume at the level last set before powering off. That's something that pisses me off..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2008, 02:36 AM

its a safety measure. they dont want you to go deaf if you have your volume at 30 and ur friend wears your earphones and get owned.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:42 AM

i dont think its a safety measure at all. thats what the "volume limit" setting is for. it annoys the hell out of me because i also use the p2 in my car with my iriver fm transmitter. to get decent volume i have to crank the p2 to at least 22-25 volume but every time i leave and come back the volume gets reset again. ridiculous.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kameko View Post
i dont think its a safety measure at all. thats what the "volume limit" setting is for. it annoys the hell out of me because i also use the p2 in my car with my iriver fm transmitter. to get decent volume i have to crank the p2 to at least 22-25 volume but every time i leave and come back the volume gets reset again. ridiculous.
Yes, it annoys me too, I used to use fm transmitter and would use the same levels as you.
Then I turned it off and it would be down to 15 every time.

Should at least have an option to turn that off under settings.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kameko View Post
volume limit only stops you from going over 15 when the player is on.
the safety measure i am talking about is "when turning on", would you like your siblings or friends play a prank on you, having it at volume 30, turn it off and then once u put your earphones in your ears, u get blasted? tats what the "safety measure" is about.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:37 PM

"volume limit only stops you from going over 15 when the player is on."

...and thats what the volume limit is for. a safety measure. if you have the volume limit on then you are "safe" since it keeps the volume to a max of 15. the automatic resetting of volume is NOT the safety measure. its just samsung being dumb.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Samsung Moderator

Or trying to protect the life of the player. It's hard turning an amp up all the way from a powered off state. The moment right after running current through a device is the hardest, that's why lightbulbs only burn out right when you turn them on (sort of).

Old 04-13-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Or trying to protect the life of the player. It's hard turning an amp up all the way from a powered off state. The moment right after running current through a device is the hardest, that's why lightbulbs only burn out right when you turn them on (sort of).

I can't imagine that being a logical reason to omit the feature. I know for a fact my little Samsung YP-55 had the option, and that thing's like 5yrs old. This better be fixed in another firmware, it's just silly.