android
Old 03-07-2008, 06:50 PM

Exclamation YP-T8Z 1.32 freezes when turned on.

As I look at posts it kinda looks like this forum is dead...but I'll give it a go anyway.

So I purchased a YP-T8Z on ebay knowing it was broken - I thought I could repair it with a firmware upgrade because the only thing that was wrong with it was that it froze when it turned on.

All it says is "System loading" and there isn't even any animation.

Here's the kicker: I can't upgrade firmware because it just stays at the loading screen. I plugged it into the wall charger like I was supposed to after copying the files over.

I can transfer/put files onto the device but I can't turn it on to do anything with them :/

I tried formatting it via Windows (right click, format) and no avail. Still freezes.

I want to crack it open to maybe reseat the battery (dunno if that would do anything) but I don't know how. Anyone have any advice? Anything?

I have another one of these that works fine, I couldn't pass up this one for $30 on ebay, but I'd still like to repair it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-06-2008, 06:07 PM

Default progress

I'd like to post my progress on this issue.

I cracked it open and took out the battery, and noticed that there was this white residue on the circuit board. Hm, something must have fried/blew up? I'm not fluent with electronics but it didn't look good.

So, I cleaned the white residue off and put the player back together. Woah, it worked! Upgraded the firmware and charged the low battery.

Now, when I try to turn it on, even though the battery is charged, it says, "No Battery - Power will automatically turn off."

Is the battery shot? I pried it open and reconnected it again, no avail. Maybe I broke something, but I didn't see anything amiss.

It works with just the power and no battery.

Maybe I'll just use this thing for spare parts if my other one decides to kick the bucket D: