android
Old 03-16-2008, 02:16 PM

Default Does AV out cable work as audio line out?

I want to connect my D2 to the Aux input on my stereo. I was wondering if I could use the AV out cable as an audio line out, but does the AV out only work in video playback mode, or does it also work when playing music? I would be grateful if anyone who actually has an AV out cable could let me know.

Thanks.
CH

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-16-2008, 02:29 PM

No, unfortunately not. The cable only works in video mode, and it's no "true" line-out after all.

It's quite the useless thing in my opinion, especially since video is limited to 320x240.

The headphone-out is as good a line-out as any, though. At volume level 50 (without any EQ or BBE) it works fine as a "fake" line-out, without any distortion.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:42 PM

Many thanks - no need to bother getting a AV cable then. I am using the headphone out at the moment, but it is a bit annoying to have to keep turning the volume down when I want to use headphones.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
I want to connect my D2 to the Aux input on my stereo. I was wondering if I could use the AV out cable as an audio line out, but does the AV out only work in video playback mode, or does it also work when playing music? I would be grateful if anyone who actually has an AV out cable could let me know.

Thanks.
CH
u can use something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-Stereo-mal...QQcmdZViewItem

i suppose it will work, and u can find this in almost any small electrical store for a very cheap price and $0.99 is expensive for this(!) i bought it for $0.25 n i use it to get output from my pc to my stereo, then u can use any 2X RCA female to 2X RCA female and plug it in ur stereo

Old 07-25-2010, 11:39 PM

Hi
If I connect my cowon d2+ using the headphone connector to my stereo (maybe using an AV cable RCA: red and white).
Is it safe? I'm worried because, after I did this operation before with another mp3 player (Sansa PLayer), after a few days, the sound failed and the sansa never worked again.

I love my Cowon D2+, so please, let me know if it is safe.

SergioMC

Old 07-25-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eViLrAcEr View Post
u can use something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-Stereo-mal...QQcmdZViewItem

i suppose it will work, and u can find this in almost any small electrical store for a very cheap price and $0.99 is expensive for this(!) i bought it for $0.25 n i use it to get output from my pc to my stereo, then u can use any 2X RCA female to 2X RCA female and plug it in ur stereo

Hi , one question, what is the difference between connecting directely and using this one??

SergioMC