android
Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 PM

Default 2GB blue clip not working

My son somehow got a hold of my mp3 player and now whenever I turn it on it starts on the same song no matter what I was listening to last. I have to fast forward my audiobook to the place where it left off because it has stopped leaving a bookmark in automatically.

When I plug it into my computer it's not saying that it's an unrecognizable usb device. I called the help centre and they said to unplug it, switch the hold switch on and hold onto the middle circle button while plugging it into the computer. I was then to right click on the mp3 player and hit format. Well my computer said it can't format it. So buddy sends me a link for the firmware upgrade and then hangs up on me. Well that didn't work either. I am very close to demanding that sandisk send me a new mp3 player but I thought I'd get a forum help line going first.

HELP!!!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you checked your USB mode? What firmware version is on it?

Old 03-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you tried resetting your Clip (hold switch up for 15-60 seconds)?
Have you tried reformatting from the Clip itself (under Settings)?

Likely, one of those 2 will work.

(And by any chance, did your son put the Clip into repeat mode?)

Old 03-21-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
Have you tried resetting your Clip (hold switch up for 15-60 seconds)?
Have you tried reformatting from the Clip itself (under Settings)?

Likely, one of those 2 will work.

(And by any chance, did your son put the Clip into repeat mode?)

I tried reformatting from the clip itself and it appeared to work. I didn't have any music in my songlist nor my audiobook but when i turned it off and then on again it went right back to that song that it always starts on and had the full music list and my audiobook all back again. I tried holding the switch for 60 seconds and it didn't do anything.

I don't know what you mean by repeat mode.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Repeat mode is the setting that you set to have the player repeat the same song or selected songs, until you switch the mode off. See page 13 of the Users Guide. http://www.sandisk.com/assets/File/D...usermanual.pdf Perhaps your son inadvertently set it.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
Repeat mode is the setting that you set to have the player repeat the same song or selected songs, until you switch the mode off. See page 13 of the Users Guide. http://www.sandisk.com/assets/File/D...usermanual.pdf Perhaps your son inadvertently set it.

Ok, no he didn't put it on repeat mode. Another thing is that it doesn't show any files on the mp3 player through the computer.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

As to the latter: when the player is set to MSC mode (via Settings/USB), the computer only shows the files put on the player when it was in MSC mode; likewise as to MTP mode. (And so it's somewhat easiest to always keep the player in one mode or the other, to have the computer show all the files.) I don't know that this helps you at all, though.