android
Old 01-31-2008, 12:53 AM

Default Can't make playlists on Clip. Need help, please.

I just bought a 2G Clip and a new laptop running Vista. I was able to rip music from CDs in WMP and sync them onto the Clip no problem, but I can't create playlists that load onto the Clip. I've tried to do it in both WMP and Windows Explorer by dragging and dropping, but neither works (they don't show up on the Clip). I've read some threads in the forum that talk about MSC and MTP modes which is over my head. Do these actually matter? Do I need to download a new player program or some firmware update to be able to do this? What's the simplest way to create a playlist without loading duplicate copies of the music files onto the clip? Thanks for your help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-31-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk2006 View Post
I just bought a 2G Clip and a new laptop running Vista. I was able to rip music from CDs in WMP and sync them onto the Clip no problem, but I can't create playlists that load onto the Clip. I've tried to do it in both WMP and Windows Explorer by dragging and dropping, but neither works (they don't show up on the Clip). I've read some threads in the forum that talk about MSC and MTP modes which is over my head. Do these actually matter? Do I need to download a new player program or some firmware update to be able to do this? What's the simplest way to create a playlist without loading duplicate copies of the music files onto the clip? Thanks for your help.

I've been able to sync playlists to my Clip using MediaMonkey, and I think also with WMP (though it's been a while since I used WMP). Instead of dragging-and-dropping, use WMP to sync the playlist to the Clip. I think in WMP, you right-click on the Clip and select "setup sync relationship" or something like that. Select the playlist for syncing.

This will work in MTP mode, which is the default mode that your Clip was in when you bought it. I'm not sure whether it'll work in MSC mode.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:40 PM

My post from another thread.

OK. I have been playing around with WinAMP and the Clip for a while now as far as playlists and I figured out an easier way to do them. Here you go:

1. Install/open Winamp and plug in your Clip.
2. On the left right click on "Playlists" > "New Playlist". Name it and click "OK".
3. Select "Local Media" > "Audio". Go through your music and drag and drop your music to the playlist.
4. When you are happy with your playlist, drag and drop your playlist to "Portables" > "Sansa Clip 2GB".

Now all the songs will copy to your clip and create the playlist in one action. A little easier than my previous directions. Let me know how this works out for you all. Enjoy!!!