android
Old 02-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Default Thoughts on the D2 and Digital Copy (playsforsure)

Just got a special edition box with Family Guy: Blue Harvest from amazon, and the special features disc included Digital Copy. Digital Copy is a transcoded version of the film that can be transferred to playsforsure devices. So, i put the D2 in mtp mode and fired it up, and the process was pretty simple. I typed in a serial number rom the box, selected windows media player (it doesnt actually start WMP, just uses it), then selected the movie and the D2's SD card. A minute later it was transferred and i disconnected. Unfortunately, there is a ever so tiny offsynch to the audio, not so much that its unwathable, but enough so that you will get annoyed once in a while. Other than that, I think Digital Copy is definately a step in the right direction, the transfer was both fast and easy and the video quality is very good. The synch issue most likely lies with the d2, so this is another thing cowon have to fix but never will due to working on another "scicntific" calculator or whatnot. Its very convenient to be able to transfer a DVD movie in 2 minutes rather than spending an hour or two ripping it, and since this is a free extra on the DVD and not a paid for feature (AFAIK) i dont mind it being DRM, in fact, i doubt they could make the manucaturers agree on ONE video format otherwise

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]