android
Old 12-29-2007, 02:19 AM

Thank you for the answers, I think I'll use 130 for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digerati1338 View Post
I'd be glad to help with the english translation. I assume you're translating from German. I don't really know any German, but I could make sure things sound right.
Great. I'll send you then english translation file as soon as it's done (maybe 1-2 weeks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by digerati1338 View Post
I also write Java, if you need or want any help with development. I would really like to see a good album art program since there don't seem to be any really good ones out there right now. I currently use Albumart-qt, but I have used RockAA a little bit in the past.

Have you implemented an automatic downloading feature yet? If not, I think that is an important feature to have. It is far too tedious to manually find art for each album. Ideally, I think the program should run an automatic search based on ID3 info and then allow the user to correct bad ones.
No, there is no such feature yet. For now I'll stick with the "old", simple GUI. But the new design should be flexible enough, to add this later. But since you're writing Java, I could add you as a developer at SourceForge, so you can add this feature. But you'll better wait until I've finished the work on the core of RockAA, since I'm still randomly changing all the interfaces for searching and saving right now Maybe I'll add this feature myself later. I don't really need it for my music collection, but it sure would be useful for new users.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2007, 03:04 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I don't think any targets have a 24 bit screen, so saving the image as a 16 bit bmp would save disk space and save memory.

Edit: plus you could do dithering too

Old 12-29-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
I don't think any targets have a 24 bit screen, so saving the image as a 16 bit bmp would save disk space and save memory.

Edit: plus you could do dithering too
Done. The bit depth of bitmaps is now lowered to 16 bit, which makes the files about 30% smaller. I don't know how to add dithering though

Old 12-31-2007, 07:35 AM

Grab the first alpha release of RockAA 0.5 over at SourceForge

Old 01-02-2008, 12:07 PM

Since the new 0.5 version seems to be working fine, I decided to remove the old version. It's still in beta status, but there shouldn't be any critical bugs left.
So go ahead and grab the new 0.5 beta 1 at Sourceforge. If you find any bugs post them here in the forum or on the bug tracker.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:33 PM

may i request compatibility with the recently committed "Look for albumart in .rockbox/albumart/<artist>-<album><size>.bmp in addition to the current locations."

Old 01-19-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldmonkey View Post
may i request compatibility with the recently committed "Look for albumart in .rockbox/albumart/<artist>-<album><size>.bmp in addition to the current locations."
The problem is, that RockAA searches based on keywords you enter, so there is no way of telling the name of the artist or the album.
Version 0.6 will most likely have a folder scanning mode to download album art for your whole MP3 collection. Maybe I'll add this feature then. But I don't really see any advantage, except keeping your music and your album art in seperate locations.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:29 PM

I found this tool to be the best/easiest. I finally got all my Album art!

Old 02-03-2008, 06:41 AM

New version: 0.5 beta 2
I fixed some bugs, tweaked some things and added an option for saving in a user defined format. Proxy authentication is now also possible.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:21 AM

RockAA 0.5 final is now available.
I've fixed some last minor bugs and added Yahoo as a new search engine. I would have preferred Google, but they provide no API for their search (except a useless AJAX API) and try their best to block any external application. Yahoo on the other hand has a brilliant, very usable REST API, so I chose them. Anyway, have fun with the new version
I'll try to release a first alpha version of 0.6 this month. It will include a folder scanning mode, which will make it very easy to add missing album art to your MP3 collection.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 AM

Version 0.51 is ready.
I've got rid of Amazon's Java API and switched to the Web Services API, now RockAA is way smaller, even faster and uses less memory.
This version also adds some other minor optimizations and fixes a small memory leak.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:28 PM

Default Rock aa

I cant get the new rock aa to open. I can get the old one to open. after I unzipp it which file do I need to try to open. I have Java installed.

I want to make sure i understand this also. I pick an album art then I copy it by going right into the sansa and pick the album and hit save? or am I missing a step?

Old 02-20-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester77k View Post
I cant get the new rock aa to open. I can get the old one to open. after I unzipp it which file do I need to try to open. I have Java installed.
Don't unzip it! Start the .jar file with Java.
I really hate WinRar (and probably some other tools like it) for setting themselves as the standard program for jar files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester77k View Post
I want to make sure i understand this also. I pick an album art then I copy it by going right into the sansa and pick the album and hit save? or am I missing a step?
Yes, you got that right. But it doesn't have to be your sansa. I prefer saving the album art to my mp3 collection.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:06 AM

Here's a preview of the upcoming version 0.6

Expect a first alpha version in the next few days.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
Here's a preview of the upcoming version 0.6

Expect a first alpha version in the next few days.

Looks awesome. can't wait.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:14 PM

I'd be willing to make a web site for it. Just give me some details and I'll start working on it. Flash or HTML? Content? Navigation? ect.

EDIT:
please just email about it

Old 02-21-2008, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiprah View Post
I'd be willing to make a web site for it. Just give me some details and I'll start working on it. Flash or HTML? Content? Navigation? ect.

EDIT:
please just email about it
Thanks, but I decided to use a wiki instead of a "real" web site. I think the only thing this project really needs is some documentation and a wiki is perfect for that.
I've registered a wiki at Wikia (http://rockaa.wiki.sourceforge.net/). There's no content yet, but since it's a wiki everyone can feel free to start writing.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:31 AM

The first alpha of RockAA 0.6 is now available: https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=213203
This version is almost feature complete, but it needs some serious testing

Old 02-21-2008, 12:31 PM

I just downloaded the version 0.6 and first of all I want to thank you for this great app!
The new scan-function is pretty nice, but I recognized one little bug.
RockAA tells me for every folder, even in the ones I got a jpg called "Album Art" and a bmp called "Cover", that there would be a wrong album art format (Falsches Album Art Format auf deutsch).
If this would be fixed RockAA would be my even more favourite programm to organize my Album Arts!
Greatings, Nikolaus

Old 02-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Rockbox Developer

I'd never thought that this app would develope so well. Good job to everyone.