android
Old 02-02-2008, 07:21 PM

Default Battery Life

I got a new(?) T400 of Ebay for $66.00. There is not a scratch on it. The Battery life seems ok if I use it a few days after charging but if I charge it, use it for say a hour and leave it on my desk for a week the battery is dead and must be recharged.

Is this normal.

I can take my Samsung P2 and leave it around for a month and it may drain to a half charge or so without ever having been turned on.

(Bought the T400 for audio as the amp is so much better and plan to use the p2 just for video, though it's sound quality is decent, just not up to the T400)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 PM

that does not sound normal. Are you sure you turn it completely off? There might be some kind of sleep mode you are engaging instead

Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srozzman View Post
that does not sound normal. Are you sure you turn it completely off? There might be some kind of sleep mode you are engaging instead
Now I am wondering, I do not use it much, it's the serious music player, normally I use a different player.

Now that I charged it again I have not used it for a week the battery is nrealy full, three times before it was dead.

Do you know anything about a sleep mode here? I just slide the switch on the bottom till it goes off. Am I doing something wrong?

Old 02-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Samsung Moderator

Most players draw a few miliamps of current when in the "off" state just because of their design. That's normal, but the battery probably shouldn't die after only a week of inactivity.

Also, a problem with LiIon batteries is their self-discharge coefficient is much higher than for other, more traditional, battery chemistries. So there will be some level of charge loss by just sitting on the shelf even if no current were being drawn from the device itself.

I don't own a T400 myself, but it seems that it might just be par for a used battery and player....

Unless I'm wrong.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:45 PM

also, you should know that when you plug in your headphones into the T400, it automatically powers on. Maybe you did it by accident that one time, and weren't able to tell that it turned on, as the backlight would have automatically faded out after a few seconds.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniym View Post
also, you should know that when you plug in your headphones into the T400, it automatically powers on. Maybe you did it by accident that one time, and weren't able to tell that it turned on, as the backlight would have automatically faded out after a few seconds.
Thanks to both of you, I may have been leaving the phones plugged in and bumping them when I am digging for other things. (Bunch of gadgets in a drawer) I'm getting a few weeks easy now. (What's odd is I called the company and they said 4 days of a full charge to dead with little use was normal, but now that I getting much more battery life I question that)