android
Old 02-09-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Why'd you choose the F2?

I chose mine for it's size and it's SOUND! I couldn't believe the size when I opened the box last year on Christmas. I was shocked. The sound on this little DAP is AMAZING!!! The OS is stabled and has no Issues. There may be some features that need fixing but COWON is working on it.

The Screen is bright and clear. Sort of hard to see in direct sun light but it's no big Issue just a Minor. The Screen can't get scratched that easily I'll give ya' that. I've dropped it and haven't had it scratched yet. The screen can get finger prints on it but that's easy to take care of. It you ever see any just take your shirt and wipe it. If there's dust built up within the first layer off thee screen then your on your own. I haven't found a way to get it out but I'm sure it's easy. the dust or Whatever it is that's built up within my screen doesn't bother me at all. It's only viewable by an angle and that's only without sunlight or lighting within a room.

Battery life is "ok". I mean it could be better. With custom EQ setting, display changes and Bit Rate the Battery last around 17-20hrs. COWON test which was Default got 23hrs and that's what I got as well.

The iAudio F2 is a little player that I recommend to the users who like small compact DAPs.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-23-2007, 02:04 AM

I chose the F2 for its small size, good sound, bookmarking capability, but first of all for its FM reception, which is really the best I've experienced in an mp3 player. For daily use this is the best player I've ever had. Even its limited memory (mine is 2 gb) doesn't bother me when travelling, because I can hook it to my Archos 605 through the battery dock and transfer new music or audio books. I really love this player!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:22 AM

Here were my requirements:
1) FLAC support
2) Flash based
3) Gapless playback

The U3 does all except #3 and in a player this small I'd prefer the U3's joystick interface. That being said, Gapless trumped joystick and F2 it is.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub View Post
That being said, Gapless trumped joystick and F2 it is.
This is the first time I heard that ANY Cowon player supports gapless. This certainly can't be true.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showth...hlight=gapless

Old 02-22-2008, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
This is the first time I heard that ANY Cowon player supports gapless. This certainly can't be true.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showth...hlight=gapless

Received the F2 and you were right. based the purchase on a misinformed review...Despite that, it's a killer player. Bought (and received the U3) and I'm returning the F2. I prefer the stick to the small buttons.

I am happy with both, to be honest.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:50 PM

Is the iaudio7 better than the F2? It has better battery life.