android
Old 01-21-2008, 09:20 PM

Default Zune no longer tethered to Zune Software

http://www.zuneboards.com/content/view/308/1/

Apparently, they've found a way to get the Zune to sync with WMP, Winamp, and MediaMonkey. Pretty cool, I've seen a lot of complaints about the software on this board.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-22-2008, 04:33 PM

Would it perhaps work on 9x Platforms now?

Old 02-10-2008, 04:50 PM

You still have to run the software and end task. In other works, it is fully tethered to the Zune software. All the program does is provide an emulated layer to just copy files onto the player...which is useless without the Zune software and drivers.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:31 PM

Yeah, frankly I'm kinda not seeing too much of a point for this. I mean its cool (and I guess other media players have additional features) but frankly, I love the Zune software...the only way I'd consider this is if it untethered it to something that was less of a system hog...

Old 02-11-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
You still have to run the software and end task. In other works, it is fully tethered to the Zune software. All the program does is provide an emulated layer to just copy files onto the player...which is useless without the Zune software and drivers.
Exactly. I'm sure somebody finds it useful, but I want to avoid the new software completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman11 View Post
Yeah, frankly I'm kinda not seeing too much of a point for this. I mean its cool (and I guess other media players have additional features) but frankly, I love the Zune software...the only way I'd consider this is if it untethered it to something that was less of a system hog...
You love the zune software?! Wow.

I've grappled with it for so long, patched and tweaked it for a darker theme and font color scheme, but there is still so much missing in it and such a resource hog that I said "enough is a enough" and downgraded back to the WMP-based 1.x Zune software.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:48 PM

Well, I'm not doing too much other then running the Zune software that would be intensive on my laptop (I've got my desktop for gaming, photo editing, and such). And frankly, I've never had a problem with it. Go figure....

Old 02-12-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman11 View Post
Well, I'm not doing too much other then running the Zune software that would be intensive on my laptop (I've got my desktop for gaming, photo editing, and such). And frankly, I've never had a problem with it. Go figure....
My surprise stems from the fact that the new software is so basic and is missing so many features that I find to be important in managing a media library and syncing a device. Even though my needs are very basic, the software is not able to meet them, so I'm surprised when I find someone whose needs are even more basic than mine. LOL

Old 02-12-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
My surprise stems from the fact that the new software is so basic and is missing so many features that I find to be important in managing a media library and syncing a device. Even though my needs are very basic, the software is not able to meet them, so I'm surprised when I find someone whose needs are even more basic than mine. LOL
The fact that they took away smart playlists boggles my mind. I keep hearing about how they did a complete rebuild of the Zune Software and so some of the features are lost, but is that really an excuse? They're MICROSOFT, for crying out loud. They don't have the resources?

Old 02-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
butt rather than hoping the new software did all the things i wanted it to do, i just stuck with my tried and true software to do the things like tagging, album art, renaming, and converting...then just used the Zune software to sync...it's fine with me...