android
  #1  
Old 01-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Fcannon Fcannon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Default Zune no longer tethered to Zune Software

http://www.zuneboards.com/content/view/308/1/

Apparently, they've found a way to get the Zune to sync with WMP, Winamp, and MediaMonkey. Pretty cool, I've seen a lot of complaints about the software on this board.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
purplegreendave purplegreendave is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11
Default

Would it perhaps work on 9x Platforms now?
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 02-10-2008, 04:50 PM
zivan56 zivan56 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 461
Default

You still have to run the software and end task. In other works, it is fully tethered to the Zune software. All the program does is provide an emulated layer to just copy files onto the player...which is useless without the Zune software and drivers.
__________________
Sandisk Sansa e200 v1 w/Rockbox
Microsoft Zune 30 GB v2.3 Firmware
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 02-10-2008, 11:31 PM
pianoman11 pianoman11 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Juan Capistrano, CA
Posts: 7
Default

Yeah, frankly I'm kinda not seeing too much of a point for this. I mean its cool (and I guess other media players have additional features) but frankly, I love the Zune software...the only way I'd consider this is if it untethered it to something that was less of a system hog...
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 02-11-2008, 08:53 AM
sracer sracer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
You still have to run the software and end task. In other works, it is fully tethered to the Zune software. All the program does is provide an emulated layer to just copy files onto the player...which is useless without the Zune software and drivers.
Exactly. I'm sure somebody finds it useful, but I want to avoid the new software completely.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman11 View Post
Yeah, frankly I'm kinda not seeing too much of a point for this. I mean its cool (and I guess other media players have additional features) but frankly, I love the Zune software...the only way I'd consider this is if it untethered it to something that was less of a system hog...
You love the zune software?! Wow.

I've grappled with it for so long, patched and tweaked it for a darker theme and font color scheme, but there is still so much missing in it and such a resource hog that I said "enough is a enough" and downgraded back to the WMP-based 1.x Zune software.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 02-11-2008, 11:48 PM
pianoman11 pianoman11 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Juan Capistrano, CA
Posts: 7
Default

Well, I'm not doing too much other then running the Zune software that would be intensive on my laptop (I've got my desktop for gaming, photo editing, and such). And frankly, I've never had a problem with it. Go figure....
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 02-12-2008, 06:01 AM
sracer sracer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman11 View Post
Well, I'm not doing too much other then running the Zune software that would be intensive on my laptop (I've got my desktop for gaming, photo editing, and such). And frankly, I've never had a problem with it. Go figure....
My surprise stems from the fact that the new software is so basic and is missing so many features that I find to be important in managing a media library and syncing a device. Even though my needs are very basic, the software is not able to meet them, so I'm surprised when I find someone whose needs are even more basic than mine. LOL
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 02-12-2008, 06:07 AM
PromisedPlanet's Avatar
PromisedPlanet PromisedPlanet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
My surprise stems from the fact that the new software is so basic and is missing so many features that I find to be important in managing a media library and syncing a device. Even though my needs are very basic, the software is not able to meet them, so I'm surprised when I find someone whose needs are even more basic than mine. LOL
The fact that they took away smart playlists boggles my mind. I keep hearing about how they did a complete rebuild of the Zune Software and so some of the features are lost, but is that really an excuse? They're MICROSOFT, for crying out loud. They don't have the resources?
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 02-12-2008, 07:15 AM
sumx4182's Avatar
sumx4182 sumx4182 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 2,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
My surprise stems from the fact that the new software is so basic and is missing so many features that I find to be important in managing a media library and syncing a device. Even though my needs are very basic, the software is not able to meet them, so I'm surprised when I find someone whose needs are even more basic than mine. LOL
butt rather than hoping the new software did all the things i wanted it to do, i just stuck with my tried and true software to do the things like tagging, album art, renaming, and converting...then just used the Zune software to sync...it's fine with me...
__________________
Very cool ABi threads that you should enjoy: Demographic|Useless Knowledge|Guess That Movie|Currently Listening to...|Post Your Pic|What is it? game|More difficult What is it? game|
If you feel your thread is worthy...PM me!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.