android
Old 02-10-2008, 02:16 PM

Default Have a weird problem putting music on my player.

I have had this problem recently. I have had the clip since november and all of a sudden i am having a problem with it. When i add songs to the player it adds them but only fills it so much. It leaves about 100mb free each time. One time it left a 150mb another 145mb and this time 110mb. this is very odd since i want to fill the player but it wont. It seems to happen at random times. i have formatted the player many times and sometimes it fixes it sometimes it doesn't. Has anyone else had this problem if so how can this be fixed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2008, 04:20 PM

How are you adding content? Through Rhapsody? Via Windows Media Player (MTP mode)? Drag and Drop, via MSC mode?

If you're using WMP or Rhapsody the Clip could just be re-synchronizing and adding back all your paid-for content, which it should do unless and until you transfer the rights for that content to another device. Then the DRM application will delete the content for you, after it copies it to the newly authorized device (which can be your PC)...

Old 02-10-2008, 07:09 PM

I dont have any paid or DRM content on this computer. I have been using Media Monkey. I haven't had any problems till recently, so it may be MM and not my player but, it doesn't make any sense why this is happening now. It's not a huge issue just a little odd.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

By any chance, are the original 5 songs put onto the player by SanDisk still there and are you transferring under MSC mode? Under MSC mode, the songs (put onto the player by SanDisk in MTP mode, I believe) are invisible to your computer. That might explain matters.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:07 PM

What fw you running, if it’s not the latest (1.01.20a), try upgrading to it and see if that helps, earlier fw had bugs.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 02-11-2008, 03:37 PM

Its a bug with media monkey. Thanks for trying to help. I'll just have to manually add the songs for now.