android
Old 02-04-2008, 09:44 PM

Default The Sansa Media Center

I thought I'd do a media center idea here. This is only the beta for now... the play and pause buttons don't blend in perfectly yet and the position of the background image behind the count down/up during the "play" sequence is out of place. Until I fix those, ladies and gentlemen I present to you...

The Sansa Media Center

Beta Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRK15JO5

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-04-2008, 09:50 PM

a fairly good looking theme, but... don't take this the wrong way... needs some major tweaking.

also, is this your first theme? cause it is a pretty good go for the first time.

my first and so far only theme is linked in my sig, if you wanna look at that for some design ideas

Old 02-04-2008, 09:59 PM

It's my second.

This is my first:
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22246

And like I said, it's only the beta version. Could you please let me know what I can tweak for the final release?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:09 PM

i just looked at your first theme, and the thing that kills me about a lot of themes I have seen is that the artists most of the time just use images from previous themes.

Now I understand like battery and other very small miscellaneous icons are difficult to re-imagine multiple times, but do try your best... which brings me to my first tweak... the rating images, firstly in my opinion, you should not have them in a squared off box, if it must be a box, at least round off the edges.

Next is the main menu, whether you are planning on making a text-ed menu instead of text-less, most of the time it is wise to remove the arrows, do this by going to the arrows image and making the whole image completely black, because the sansa treats black in that particular image as transparency.

Those are just some of my suggestions, take them for what you think they are worth, but please PLEASE take your time on themes, because the verrry last thing we want is another 1 week, thrown together pile of crap with some good looking stuff that could have been extraordinary.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:03 AM

Ok man, thanks for the advice. I was thinking of making a new arrow. Not too big and I'm changing the offset so it fits in very nicely. And I think I have a good Idea on what to do for the rating images.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:31 AM

and it would be cool if you added shadows under the player and the computer in the "Connected" screen. And that gray is a bit boring in the background. And a European firmware version of the theme would be nice as well.