android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e200 > Sansa e200 Hacks & Mods

Old 11-13-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbing View Post
Did u do it with win?

no, i used live cd ubuntu version 6 something in a magazine cover cd, the one i downloaded from anythingbutpod did not work probally for me. but im sure it works if you try it.

its easy if you are afraid that it may modified you current installation of windows, just do what i did, unplug all the hard drive you have, then boot from the ubuntu cd, not much can go wrong...

hope that helps

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-16-2007, 06:29 PM

root@ubuntu:/home/ubuntu# ./e200tool recover BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.rom
./e200tool: error while loading shared libraries: libusb-0.1.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Could anyone help me!!!???
I have a live cd of ubuntu..

Old 11-16-2007, 07:46 PM

Can anyone please just explain why this feat is so not accomplishable in Windows? I have no idea what I'm doing in Linux, but apparently it's the "only way" to unbrick an e200? You say, run the e200 tool. That's great. I run the e200 tool and it starts to work and then times-out. So, "download the files seperately and edit e200tool.c" Okay, did that too. Puppy doesn't come with a compiler. Ubuntu is impossible to navigate.

Is there any reason why this thread exists if A) it lists the directions on using the e200 tool in Windows (which apparently doesn't work cuz I've tried it), and B) it doesn't list step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this is Linux? Anyone?

I'm not an idiot with computers but this has grown to become very frustrating!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fart Master X View Post
Can anyone please just explain why this feat is so not accomplishable in Windows? I have no idea what I'm doing in Linux, but apparently it's the "only way" to unbrick an e200? You say, run the e200 tool. That's great. I run the e200 tool and it starts to work and then times-out. So, "download the files seperately and edit e200tool.c" Okay, did that too. Puppy doesn't come with a compiler. Ubuntu is impossible to navigate.

Is there any reason why this thread exists if A) it lists the directions on using the e200 tool in Windows (which apparently doesn't work cuz I've tried it), and B) it doesn't list step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this is Linux? Anyone?

Could agree more..

Old 11-17-2007, 05:36 AM

hello, i put up a thread myself that details this process for beginners, please check: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=22253

if you like laymans term for processes.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:03 AM

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo ./e200tool recover BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.rom
sudo: ./e200tool: command not found

Can anyone help me please?????
I putted all the files in the home folder and it won-t work

Old 11-18-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fart Master X View Post

It's "not accomplishable" because nobody with the required Windows development skill has stepped up to port e200tool. The guys who work with it use Linux. The source is available, so if you think you can make it work on windows, please do - a number of people, myself included, will be very grateful.

Ubuntu is not impossible to navigate. I use it everyday. Originally I used Knoppix; aside from having to download libusb, it was quite easy to get it going.

This thread exists because a lot of people can figure it out for themselves given the instructions on how to build and run e200tool on Linux. Since each Linux distribution is different, providing step-by-step instructions that make it work on each distribution possible is just not practical. The steps you need to follow are not that complicated, but you need to be willing to sit down and do a little research, if only so that you can understand what's going on for yourself. Nothing here is automated or user friendly. IMO, you shouldn't play with fire if you can't be bothered to learn some fire safety first anyway.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:52 PM

Default It's Alive ! It's Alive !

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylor View Post
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo ./e200tool recover BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.rom
sudo: ./e200tool: command not found

Can anyone help me please?????
I putted all the files in the home folder and it won-t work
when running terminal, you have to make sure that you are in the right folder.
to make it easy, try to put the e200tool on your desktop.
and then run your terminal, change directory to your Desktop.

actually i just unbrick my sansa e260 yesterday, following tutorial in this thread. i use fedore 5 to do the unbricking.( I'm a Linux newbie ) and now, my player runs smoother than it use to be.

i try to unbrick it in windows, no luck..
after trying 3 different linux fedora machine, it finally came back to life.
sometimes one linux machine can't do the job. you have to try other linux machine.

one more thing, if you do all the command correctly, and still it doesn't bring your e200 back to life, put the sansa.fmt file to 16MB drive, it will force format the player, but will bring it to life. I did it, and it works.

thanks to all senior....

Old 12-04-2007, 02:01 AM

I was going to use it as a bootable usb storage device to fix a computer and formatted it using HPUSBFW.EXE then copied the files needed to it and after disconnecting it it won't even turn on. Just the blue ring goes on and I have to hold the power button down to shut it off. I tried everything! Holding the rec button down when locked, removing the battery, the recovery tool... nothing works. When I connect it my computer it can't even install the hardware. Please help asap. (using windows xp)

Old 12-18-2007, 08:58 PM

I can't get into manufacture mode!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 12:48 AM

half of these links dont even work how did u guys fix ur sansa??mines still fucked!!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 PM

i don't have Linux so.... how do i go by fixing my Step-sister's Sansa E260? The screen doesn't turn on. only the Blue Wheel.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There is an e200tool for Windows, but it is buggy tho. You could use a Linux LiveCD, too.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick23 View Post
half of these links dont even work how did u guys fix ur sansa??mines still fucked!!
As if the "
This guide is out of date
" wasn't enough....

Old 02-05-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
There is an e200tool for Windows, but it is buggy tho. You could use a Linux LiveCD, too.
does it matter what Linux i use?

Old 02-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Not really. I think Ubuntu might be the easiest one if you have a newer computer.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
Not really. I think Ubuntu might be the easiest one if you have a newer computer.
Thanks. i just hope this LiveCD doesn't mess anything up. my Computer is home built which i built it of course.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:02 AM

hello there..
before i start, sorry for my english..

i followed step-by-step the guide made by yowu7446, changing only the directory of the e200tool. what happens is that when i type in the terminal, all i get is this:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo /home/ubuntu/e200tool recover BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.rom
e200tool v0.2.3-alpha (c) by MrH 2006, 2007
Searching for device 0781:0720 ... found!
Initializing USB stub (4780 bytes) ... done!
Writing 'BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.rom' to address 0x10600000
Searching for device 6666:e200 ... 9 found!
Write at 0x106031f5
Control message (-71, Protocol error)

i spent several hours trying and trying and it almost always ended up with Control message (-71, Protocol error)..
what is this error?
should i just keep trying and hope i get lucky or is there a way to fix it?

thanks

Old 02-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I think you are not holding the REC button long enough or slipping off of the button.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 PM

i guess it was just the computer i was using, 'cause i tried in another one and it worked..
tks for your reply

and thanks to yowu7446 for making this guide..
it's working perfectly now..