android
Old 01-25-2008, 01:21 AM

Cpchan, can you consider adding Task #7979 Shutdown with Hold button While I'm not blind, I don't usually use the hold button unless the player's off anyways and I think it'll be nice to have the option to use it to shut down the player all together. It seems that it is an option so people can choose to enable it or not. Thanks~ Oh, and do anyone knows anything about the Deal or no Deal game I keep hearing about in RB?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-25-2008, 03:50 AM

I have newest Cpchan bulid and I've notice some bugs.
First is that when I'm in plugin backlight is turning off very quickly but in settings I chose "still on".
Second - sometimes the screen is going all white, but sansa does't freez, I just have too push the wheel and everything is back to normal. That happens in various sittuations. (plugin, video, skipping tracks).

Good thing is that Cabbie 2.0 is the first theme on with I can use Polish Language! (and is looking good too )
Pictureflow is awsome (I have some problem with it but I think problem is in my mp3 tags)

PS...shut I've missed a #2000 post

Old 01-25-2008, 03:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis02 View Post
The new viewport patches seems to be causing massive slow downs in the e200 series. Maybe cause there's not enough processing power to support it, or there's a problem with the sync.
How slow? Mine is slower , but not by much. Yes, there is a general slow down in Rockbox lately due to changes. Please be patient as things gets worked out. Also, make sure you have dircache enabled in my build.

Charles

Old 01-25-2008, 03:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
Cpchan, can you consider adding Task #7979 Shutdown with Hold button While I'm not blind, I don't usually use the hold button unless the player's off anyways and I think it'll be nice to have the option to use it to shut down the player all together. It seems that it is an option so people can choose to enable it or not. Thanks~ Oh, and do anyone knows anything about the Deal or no Deal game I keep hearing about in RB?
Applied in the build that I am going to upload soon.

Charles

Old 01-25-2008, 04:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songokuu View Post
First is that when I'm in plugin backlight is turning off very quickly but in settings I chose "still on".
You mean "Backlight while in plugin"? It is a known bug. The patch apply cleanly, but it doesn't work any more due to some changes in Rockbox. I have to take a look at the code.

Quote:
Second - sometimes the screen is going all white, but sansa does't freez, I just have too push the wheel and everything is back to normal. That happens in various sittuations. (plugin, video, skipping tracks).
This problem I don't have. Have anyone else encountered this?

Quote:
Pictureflow is awsome (I have some problem with it but I think problem is in my mp3 tags)
I tried it out and I hated it. Like I have suspected, I can't imagine myself flipping through more than a hand full of albums. I find it a usability nightmare.

Charles

Old 01-25-2008, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
I tried it out and I hated it. Like I have suspected, I can't imagine myself flipping through more than a hand full of albums. I find it a usability nightmare.
I mean "awsome" in how it looks (you can show friends that "magic" )
But I preffer normal WPS thing.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:52 AM

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobeyprobey View Post
My e280 was similarly locking up, but it is not locking up. You need to hold the select (center button) down while plugging in the Sansa to disable the not-yet-working USB driver.

(If I forgot to hold to the select button down, holding the power button for 20-30 seconds did work for me to shut it down)

Good luck.

cpchan, Thanks for a great build!
OK, thanks, I hadn't known that.

Also, thanks to cpchan for a great build.

Quote:
Quote:
This problem I don't have.

Have anyone else encountered this?
Funny you should ask, I just had this after testing "Hold select while plugging in", which worked and I was changing themes and some other settings (can't remember exactly, but will watch out for it now others have had this too.

dRdoS7.

Last edited by dRdoS7; 01-25-2008 at 06:07 AM. Reason: various

Old 01-25-2008, 05:57 AM

i have a question: is FS#7538 (the custom splash screen) patch still in your current build? The front page still lists it as one of the included patches, but I can't find the option in the Settings menu.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:56 AM

[quote=Songokuu;209075]Second - sometimes the screen is going all white, but sansa does't freez, I just have too push the wheel and everything is back to normal. That happens in various sittuations. (plugin, video, skipping tracks)./quote]

I've had this problem too happens completely randomly and all you have to do is hit the power button.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
How slow? Mine is slower , but not by much. Yes, there is a general slow down in Rockbox lately due to changes. Please be patient as things gets worked out. Also, make sure you have dircache enabled in my build.

Charles
Actually once i enabled dir caching, everything worked fine. I thought i had it enabled but i guess it got disabled when i installed the new version. But when dir cache is disabled, while playing music, the music is fine, but ever other action is brought to a crawl.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Actually once i enabled dir caching, everything worked fine. I thought i had it enabled but i guess it got disabled when i installed the new version. But when dir cache is disabled, while playing music, the music is fine, but ever other action is brought to a crawl.
Slow? How slow and where? I find that Rockbox at present is slightly slower in changing tracks with the >> button and album art display a little bit slower, other then that I have no problems.

Charles

Old 01-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakDooD View Post
i have a question: is FS#7538 (the custom splash screen) patch still in your current build? The front page still lists it as one of the included patches, but I can't find the option in the Settings menu.
Forgot to readd it when I redid my patches. It will be in the next version.

Charles

Old 01-25-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Slow? How slow and where? I find that Rockbox at present is slightly slower in changing tracks with the >> button and album art display a little bit slower, other then that I have no problems.

Charles
With dir caching disabled, while playing music, it was brought to a crawl. The music played fine, but it was the response times from when buttons are pressed. It was like the system was locked up, but wasn't really. I press a button and it would take a good 15 - 20 seconds for the system to respond.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
With dir caching disabled, while playing music, it was brought to a crawl. The music played fine, but it was the response times from when buttons are pressed. It was like the system was locked up, but wasn't really. I press a button and it would take a good 15 - 20 seconds for the system to respond.
You mean after you renabled dircache, it is doing that? This is not normal, something is wrong with you set up. Have you tried doing a clean reinstallation?

Charles

Old 01-25-2008, 06:31 PM

hi charles
im trying to compile my own rockbox at the moment. how did you get dircache patched? it tells me hunk 5 failed all the time :-(

Old 01-25-2008, 06:45 PM

I check closer the "white screen randomly problem" and I can reproduce it everytime... open video file (I test converted various formats with SUPER) and when it's playing after 7 or 8 seconds from start (no mather if it's from start or resume) the white screen appears, when I push the wheel everything is running again normal.
Here is one of my video files so you can check it (maybe it's conversion problem).
Attached Files
File Type: zip test_me.zip (684.9 KB, 9 views)

Old 01-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorganizer View Post
im trying to compile my own rockbox at the moment. how did you get dircache patched? it tells me hunk 5 failed all the time :-(
Which version are you using? I only have one hunk failing, but it is easily to fix. Have you applied any other patches before dircache? What errors are you getting?

Charles

Old 01-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songokuu View Post
I check closer the "white screen randomly problem" and I can reproduce it everytime... open video file (I test converted various formats with SUPER) and when it's playing after 7 or 8 seconds from start (no mather if it's from start or resume) the white screen appears, when I push the wheel everything is running again normal.
Here is one of my video files so you can check it (maybe it's conversion problem).
I will test it out later. Unfortunately my device it tied up right now running a battery benchmark.

Charles

Old 01-25-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
You mean after you renabled dircache, it is doing that? This is not normal, something is wrong with you set up. Have you tried doing a clean reinstallation?

Charles
I said with dircache disabled, or set to no. When i turned dircache on, everything ran fine.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I said with dircache disabled, or set to no. When i turned dircache on, everything ran fine.
Yes, this is a known fact with my builds. This is why I have this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan
N.B.: Please enable dircache in "Settings"-> "General Settings"-> "System"-> "Disk"-> "Directory Cache"
in the first post.

Charles

Closed Thread