android
Old 01-20-2008, 04:25 PM

Default Where do I store the Database? How to Increase DB Speed?

Still trying out rockbox on my sansa and so far it is much better than the OF. But I have periodic lock ups and it seems to take several seconds to find my songs when I picking them by user rating.

Should I have my Database storage setting set for RAM or HD?

What other thing can I do to speed up the use of the Database? I'm using the latest Kugel branch on my Sansa.

My biggest dissappointment is with album art. I spent several days screwing around at work getting all my music with embeded album art and Folder.jpg files, and now it was for nothing.

Thanks for helping a rockbox noob.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-21-2008, 05:13 AM

The Album Art problem ain't that bad. There is a converter to help you out. It's called Album Art converter and it's located here.

Concerning the lag, it shouldn't be there. Try to enable "Dircache" and "Load to RAM". If it doesn't work, do a fresh install (remember to make a backup first).
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 01-21-2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratonator View Post
The Album Art problem ain't that bad. There is a converter to help you out. It's called Album Art converter and it's located here.

Concerning the lag, it shouldn't be there. Try to enable "Dircache" and "Load to RAM". If it doesn't work, do a fresh install (remember to make a backup first).
Thanks. I'm assuming by fresh install, you are talking about deleting the .rockbox folder and unzipping/copying a new one onto my sansa? Correct?

If I do that, I'm assuming all my play/use data will be lost? Is there a file I can back up so that the new intall will see what my favorite songs are?

Also, I've set some user ratings 1-10 on many songs. Is that stored with the song or in a specific file?

Thanks

Old 01-22-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
Thanks. I'm assuming by fresh install, you are talking about deleting the .rockbox folder and unzipping/copying a new one onto my sansa? Correct?

If I do that, I'm assuming all my play/use data will be lost? Is there a file I can back up so that the new intall will see what my favorite songs are?

Also, I've set some user ratings 1-10 on many songs. Is that stored with the song or in a specific file?

Thanks
?

Old 01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:

Yes, unless you back things up. . Playlists have the m3u8 extension. Favourites and ratings are store within the database. The database files have the tcd extension.

Charles

Old 01-22-2008, 05:44 PM

Thanks,

I see several database files database_0.tcd - _8.tcd and a _idx.tcd.

Should I have all those? Can those be copied from one personalized build to another? For example, if I try out your build then transfer my database to Kugels build?

Thanks

Old 01-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks,

I see several database files database_0.tcd - _8.tcd and a _idx.tcd.

Should I have all those?
Yes.

Quote:
Can those be copied from one personalized build to another? For example, if I try out your build then transfer my database to Kugels build?
Yes.

Charles

Old 01-22-2008, 05:58 PM

Awesome. thanks Charles.

Another question along these lines, is there any way to sync my user ratings from my sansa/rockbox to my desktop music?