android
Old 06-28-2006, 08:08 AM

Unhappy Zen Nano wont connect

Anyone having trouble connecting their zen nano plus? I have installed the software and when i connect the Zen to my PC a message pops up saying found new hardware, found Zen nao plus. But when i try to use the Zen nano plus explorer it says my zen is not connected.

Anyone got any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-11-2006, 12:11 PM

Default Zen Nano Plus won't connect

I have the same problem with my identical Nano purchased 7/7/06. XP Pro (SP2) shows the device in Device Manager but can't set it up as a drive. The Zen Nano Explorer says that the Nano is not connected. I'm still trying to work it out. The FM tuner functions fine. I tried updating the driver from the Creative site, as well as different USB cords & ports. No joy yet.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Yep same problem as mine

Hi Red,

Thats the exact same problem i'm having and it has to be my PC because i've tried it on other PC's and it works fine. I've mailed support in Creative but have not got any reply.

I just dont know what to do!!

Old 07-17-2006, 01:25 AM

I don't have any problems with my ZN+. *knocks on wood*
But I've read somewhere that the ZN+ doesn't cope well with some USB chipset brands like VIA.
Try the Creative.com help forums or some other like Epizenter

Old 07-19-2006, 01:58 AM

Talking Fixed It!!

I figured it out. What I had to do was connect my Zen and go into the disk management utility - right-click on My Computer and click Manage. The zen should appear as a drive. Right-click on it and select Change Drive letter and paths...

Change the Drive letter to a free drive and click Ok. It should work immediately!

Old 07-19-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Zen Nano Plus connects when it wants to.

Yeah, I tried it on another PC running XP Home & it connected immediately, using just the Windows USB drivers. I'll try your disk set up procedure in XP Pro & see if that fixes me. Thanks for the tip.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:29 PM

Lightbulb bleh

i only wish creative would make DRIVERS for thier Products instaed of useing generik crap from windows that might and might not work

Old 09-30-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Creative Zen V Plus Fix

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I found it while I was trying to make my new Creative Zen V Plus connect and now that I got it working I thought I would post what I did here in hopes that it may help someone else out. I think the Zen V Plus is a little different from the Nano in that it shows up as a Windows Media Player, MTP rather than a drive. My laptop would connect the player but my PC was telling me "no device connected" every time I tried to load music to it with the Creative software or Media Player 10. I found a reference on the Creative site that there had been dificulties with VIA USB drivers causing connectivity issues so I went and bought a Creative I/O 5 USB port PCI card for $19. I installed the card and started up and windows installed the drivers for it and now everything is working perfectly. The funny thing about this is that Windows installed the same drivers for the PCI card that I am using for my onboard USB ports. My onboard USB ports work perfectly with all my other USB devices, two cameras, scanner, mouse, PDA and printer but would not connect my Creative Zen V Plus. I would love for someone to explain this to me Hopefully this will work for someone else with connection problems.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:25 PM

Default Doesn't need any special software

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaCo
i only wish creative would make DRIVERS for thier Products instaed of useing generik crap from windows that might and might not work
See, this is exactly why I LOVE the Zen Nano Plus: you don't have to use any special drivers or software to make it work! I'm not having any problems with the "generik crap from Windows"; it always works fine for me.

It's also the reason I will never buy an iPod. You HAVE to use iTunes to get music on it. I'm writing a program to put podcasts on there myself without the encumbrance of stupid proprietary software.

OTOH iPod is an ideal platform for Rockbox (replacement open-source player firmware) and I might well consider an iPod for use only with Rockbox.