android
Old 01-06-2008, 05:02 PM

Default Database not updating correctly

Installed rockbox about a week ago and love it, especially when using the Cabbie theme.

Today, I was updating my database with a couple of new albums and 1 mp3 podcast that lasts for just over 1 hour, is 31mb in size and is tagged correctly. All these files updated ok in the music database in the OF, but in rockbox only the albums were added to the database and not the podcast - are there any reasons for this 1 podcast not being added to the database?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-07-2008, 12:08 PM

further to my query.

I have recompiled the database and rockbox has added this podcast mp3 to the database as untagged. However in the OF database it has recognised the tag and has added it - any ideas why?

Old 01-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You need to delete the DATA folder in the SYSTEM folder on the Sansa. You might have to unhide your hidden files and folders.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:18 PM

I have done this but it still has this particular mp3 podcast as untagged but it is tagged correctly in wmp, mediamonkey and in the OF database

It also took about 3 initialises of the database to get it correct with all tracks included

Old 01-07-2008, 05:50 PM

Open the file with a good tagging program (I know winamp will do this, and most othes). Check ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. Make sure they are both correct. I think rockbox tries v2, and then defaults back to v1, but Sometimes music is not tagged right and will have v2 enabled but not used.

To get the database to work right (if it isn't already) - disable auto-update. This causes more problems than its worth. Run "Initialize now" once and let it sit for a good 5-10 minutes. If you don't let it sit, you will only have 1/2 a database. Then whenever you update, run "update now".

Old 01-18-2008, 02:25 PM

Default I'm having the same issue.

I'm also having the same issue and it seems to be only doing this with podcasts. Sometimes they appear as untagged in Genre or as "Pod" or "Podc"

I will attempt to check the tag versions.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Countrylac, sounds like you have to check your ID3 tags. The Sansa firmware likes ID3v2.3 the best, but Rockbox seem to like any.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:37 PM

I removed the v2 tags and it works fine. Now I just have to figure out a way to make mediamonkey to automatically remove the v2 tags from all my podcasts.