android
Old 11-02-2007, 02:43 PM

Default The battery will not fully charge on my clip :(

I have charged it all night long , this morning too and it will not fully charge. Only about 75% will charge.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-02-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoftw View Post
I have charged it all night long , this morning too and it will not fully charge. Only about 75% will charge.
what indicator are you looking at that says it is only 75% charged. When you unplug the device is the battery fully colored? Or are you looking at the properties by right clicking on the device in Windows Explorer.

I noticed this also but figured that since the battery gauge stopped flashing while connected it was fully charged. If it is not flashing and fully colored while charging or connected to the computer that indicates it is fully charged. Not sure why/how windows comes up with 75%.

SIBION

Old 11-04-2007, 01:10 AM

it seems that I was doing something wrong, I have a USB slot on my LCD Monitor and it seems it wasn't a USB 2.0 and it wasn't charging correctly . Sorry to worry anybody :P I stuck it to my Computer usb 2.0 slot and it work percfectly .

Old 11-30-2007, 05:24 PM

I had a similar experience. I don't think the clip will charge through usb 1.1, or at least won't charge enough.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:31 AM

I don't think it's an issue of whether it's USB 1.1/2.0, it's whether the port is high-power or low-power. This is mentioned in the Clip's manual. Unfortunately, PC manufacturers usually don't make it clear as to which ports are high-power and which are low-power.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:15 AM
ABI Invaluable

imo, it’s a firmware bug that shows the display at 75%, while in reality the player is fully charged. If you haven’t upgraded the firmware, give that a try, if you’ve already done that try a fw re-install.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-01-2007, 07:10 PM

Don't know about low/high powered 1.1 USB, but I do know that my clip doesn't seem to charge on any of my 1.1 USB ports. It does fully charge on my HD-DVD player, but that has 2.0 USB.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:08 PM

For some strange reason my Sansa clip will now fully charge off my usb 1.1 ports. I don't know what changed, but something had to have happened.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:27 AM

Whether it's USB 1.1 or USB 2 the output is 5V. Has nothing to do with the data channels. Does it? BTW anyone notice a difference when using an A/C adapter to charge it? When using a modifies USB cable (sans data lines) or an A/C - USB adapter, the Clip acts differently when playing than when it is not plugged in. When plugged in the keypad does not illuminate when you press it. The display comes on, but the blue lighting of the keypad stays dark. That's not a big issue & I guess it will help the unit charge a bit faster when playing 'cause the LEDs are not on, but it is odd. Loving this player!!!