android
Old 01-11-2008, 08:20 AM

Default Using Dynex Charger with Clip

I bought a Dynex iPod charger yesterday but the new model has two cables: one for iPod and the other for Creative Zen-to-USB charging cable. The Zen charging cable fits my Clip and I'm wondering if I dare try it. When I first tried to charge the Clip on my older Dynex using its player cord I got only a trickle charge to 50%. I need to get away from PC charging. Anyone out there with ideas? Donna

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Zune Moderator

Does the Charger have a USB plug? Can you unplug those cables from the unit that plugs into the wall?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:30 AM

Yes it is a standard USB plugin on the Zen cord and it does unplug from the wall charger. I have tried both my Clip cord and the Dynex Zen cord and they fit the same at both ends of the charging cord. On the package it says the charger works with Sandisk, Insignia, iRiver, Samsung, and Sony BUT in () it also says using cord supplied with player. Since it is standard USB and the small end also fits the Clip I thought I might get a better charge. I feared that though the data end fits it might corrupt my player. Donna

Old 01-11-2008, 10:46 AM

Yeah it will work. USB power supply is a standard, so as long as it's USB it's OK. I charge my Clip with my gf's motorola cellphone charger, and I have absolutely no problem.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:11 PM

why do ppl have any trouble w/this.. if it fits, it aint gonna harm--period..altho, ppl say differently, i have never seen a charger that fits not work either

Old 01-11-2008, 03:58 PM

Default Dynex Cable appears to work fine

On the wall charger I note it continues playing from wherever I left off so I will have to note my place. The battery icon is flashing but on the PC it did not continue playing. I guess I just have to trade one thing for another. I'm interested to see how long this takes; 3+ hours on PC so we'll see.