android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2008, 12:47 PM

Help 10th Anniversary WM-701T Special Edition

Hello, I am posting a thread to inquire about a particular model Walkman the WM-701T (same as WM-701S - 2000 produced) which is the Presentation version of the WM-701. They were also Special Edition units made for Sony by Tiffany & Co., as were the 701S models, but these were even rarer and supposedly only given to certain celebrity names and company officers.

I worked for Sony Corp. from 1989-1995 and, after many of my other cool devices and units were sold off or given away , managed to save this one last piece of history. I do not have original box nor all accessories, but do have the gum stick battery/charger, as well as the AAA alt battery source, and mini-jack headphone converter. It is in good condition, everything works 100%, and is need of a good metal polish cleaning as the sterling silver has oxidized after 17yrs of sitting.

I am curious of the production #s of the 701T vs. 701S and a possible value that might be able to be placed on this unit. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time and look forward to responses, Chris.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]