android
Old 11-06-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Video Converter

Hello,

I just bought an Archos 605.
I just got it yesterday, and I haven't spend a lot of time with it yet.
I did transfer a few.avi movies to my archos. Many of the files are playable. Seems like there are some files that has certain codec and the Archos prompt me to purchase a cinema pack (or something like that).

Do you guys have any suggestion for a good video converter that can convert any kind of media file into the one that's playable by archos?

I've used Total Video Converter in the pas to convert videos to my Ipod, but for whatever reason, I can't use it anymore. Everytime I tried to convert a file, the program won't respond.
I like using Total Video Converter because it gives me an option to insert subtitles files into the conversion. This is good for watching movies at the planes.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-07-2007, 06:57 AM

I know just the thing. Use Super Video Converter. As long as you know what codecs and stuff to use, it should work.

The link is http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html.

The only downsides I could see are that the GUI isn't all that pretty or fansy like Total Video Converter, and there's no ETA for the converting files. Other than that it's awsome. Oh and it's freeware too.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:59 AM

I would like to give a second opinion and say i agree with tactical fart, super is awesome.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:08 PM

Magic Video Converter. Convert all files to Divx with the MP3 audio and you are good to go.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:40 PM

All .avi files should work on the Archos 605 unless your audio is encoded in AC3. It has to be mp3, otherwise the cinema plug-in is needed to watch videos with AC3 audio. Also, subtitles work with the 605, as long as they're .srt files. You can use a program like SubRip to rip your subtitles from your DVDs, but it can be a bit tedious. You can also download them from websites such as http://www.opensubtitles.org, which are all .srt files. Just name the file the same as the movie and drop it into the same folder the video is in, and they should display automatically.